Re. buying a 8 day saver 2nd. class swiss rail pas

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2012 at 3:16:26 #805220

We are visiting Switzerland for 8 days in August, and will buy an 8 day 2nd. class swiss travel pass.(saver) It seems to be cheaper if we buy it in Switzerland than get it before we leave home. I was surprised to read that we can buy it in switzerland. I thought that we have to buy it before we arrive. Can you verify that we can indeed get it when we arrive in Lausanne(first city we will be visiting) and can we pay for the pass in Australian dollars? Thanks very much. Could you also confirm price? it appears to be much more expensive than 2 years ago.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 May 2012 at 7:30:51 #835958

Hi aussie,

Prices and promotions vary quite a bit, so you can best check our Swiss Pass page for resellers (including local purchase, e.g. in Lausanne) that are relevant to you, Just fill out your country and pass type and check out the resellers, including details such as currencies, shipping rates, etc. Local purchase will need to be done in Swiss francs. There are resellers that accept AUD. You can best visit that page to get the complete overview.

In addition, some topics on top of the list in the Swiss rail forum explain about various promotions that might be interesting for you, such as coupon codes for discounts on top of the prices listed on the Swiss Pass page.

Does this help you out?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2012 at 8:03:24 #835959

thanks Arno. I think that it would be easier if I bought our pass in Australia with aussie dollars. Also, I didn’t realize until after I had sent the question that the price was for 2 passes! Rather stupidly I thought that it was for 1. Sorry about that!

• The thread ‘Re. buying a 8 day saver 2nd. class swiss rail pas’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.