Recommend a taxi in Lugano for 6 people & luggages

• Gigitam
    Participant
    11 posts
    19 January 2020 at 11:58:52 #824933

need to leave Lagano around 4am to Milan to catch another day tour at 7 am. please advise a reliable taxi driver with reasonale price. we are 6 persons with 6 pcs medium size luggage. Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 January 2020 at 12:29:54 #928290

Hello Gigitam,

Thanks for your question! I would recommend going to the Lugano railway station as there often numerous taxis patiently waiting for passengers. Go now to see if you can already reserve a taxi or two, settle the costs and make an appointment for pick-up. Bring your smart phone, and use Google translate in case they don’t understand basic English.

Be sure to check this link out too:

Good luck!

Best regards,

Suzanne

Gigitam
    Participant
    11 posts
    20 January 2020 at 4:25:36 #928291

thank you for your advice. we need this service on 29th March. we are all senior, cannot stand the pressure of taking a train in other country. Since we have six of us to share the cost, so need a taxi directly from one point to other point. do you kniw any reliable taxi driver?

Thank you very much for your information.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    20 January 2020 at 6:11:05 #928292

The earliest train out of Lugano is 6:00am and it wouldn’t get you to Milan by 07:00am anyway.

Google “taxi Lugano”. It will give you a list of reputable taxi companies to try.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 January 2020 at 6:41:00 #928293

Hello Gigitam,

Are you leaving from a Hotel?! If so, I would ask for the taxi service to be organised by the reception, this is fairly common and normally provides you with good rates.

Otherwise, any official taxi service will be reliable.

Best,
    Steph

Gigitam
    Participant
    11 posts
    20 January 2020 at 8:09:14 #928294

thank you for all of.your advice

JaneEB
    Participant
    219 posts
    20 January 2020 at 9:53:11 #928295

Hi Gigitam

Would it not be easier to stay overnight in Milan?

Jane

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    20 January 2020 at 9:56:57 #928296

Best suggestion yet. 👏👏👏

Gigitam
    Participant
    11 posts
    20 January 2020 at 15:56:20 #928297

thank you for your advice.

we have a tour ending on 28th in Lugano.So cannot go to Milan earlier. We booked one night hotel in Milan which is near the tour meeting place. we need to store our luggage in the hotel before meeting the tour.

So time is important. I read some forum said some taxi driver wont show up even you booked and paid the ride. So need a reliable one.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    20 January 2020 at 20:17:02 #928298

Hi Gigitam – I don’t associate the word “pressure” with Swiss trains. Hauling luggage might be the issue, I guess. And, on that international route, the equipment might not be Swiss. Still,there is no problem with the train not showing up 😉 Although trains in Italy are not known for being on time. ;-(

Since you are not staying in a hotel, perhaps your tour company knows a reliable service. There will be a tourist information office in Lugano…perhaps at the station, but it is a small one. They should know a reliable company.

I foundthis on the SBB website, under Stations and Services…Lugano.

http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/railway-stations/lugano-station/shops.html?tags=5&page=1&pageOpen=1

This one is at the station –

http://www.sbb.ch/content/internet/sbb/en/bahnhof-services/bahnhoefe/bahnhof-lugano/geschaefte/shop-detail.html/geo-tourist-information-lugano-8e97

I’d talk to them.

And, this one seems to be for trains and public transport:

http://www.sbb.ch/content/internet/sbb/en/bahnhof-services/bahnhoefe/bahnhof-lugano/geschaefte/shop-detail.html/geo-trasporti-pubblici-luganesi-tpl-funicolare-stazione-ffs-centro-8aa5

I am not sure, but it may be on a lower level.

Slowpoke

JaneEB
    Participant
    219 posts
    20 January 2020 at 22:08:34 #928299

Hi Gigitam

What time does your tour end on the 28th? If you look at the timetable there are a number of trains from Lugano to Milan during the evening. The direct trains run at 18.00, 19.00, 19.30, 20.00 and 21.30. The journey only takes 1 hour 20mins and I am sure that the trains will not be busy at that time of night. The time table can be found here http://www.myswissalps.com/timetable. There is also an SBB Mobile app which is very easy to use.

If you really don’t want to use the trains why don’t you take a taxi to Milan when the tour has ended?

The Swiss trains are very efficient and you would have no difficulty especially as you only have medium size luggage.

Jane

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    20 January 2020 at 22:13:28 #928300

We booked one night hotel in Milan which is near the tour meeting place. we need to store our luggage in the hotel before meeting the tour.

I’m confused. Is this on 28th? If so then what Jane said makes a lot of sense.

Gigitam
    Participant
    11 posts
    21 January 2020 at 2:04:52 #928301

sori to make the confusion. i would ask the hotel or the GLOBUS tour guide to help me find a taxi driver.

thank you vety much. you are great team

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    21 January 2020 at 2:09:23 #928302

Good luck. I hope you will let us know the name of the taxi driver if you find a good one. I’d also be interested to know how much they charge, for future reference. 😎

Gigitam
    Participant
    11 posts
    21 January 2020 at 6:37:15 #928303

okay, will update you

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    21 January 2020 at 12:34:48 #928304

<<“sori to make the confusion. i would ask the hotel or the GLOBUS tour guide to help me find a taxi driver.”>>

If that does notwork, the Tourist Information Office in Lugano station is another good source of

reliable information:

http://www.sbb.ch/content/internet/sbb/en/bahnhof-services/bahnhoefe/bahnhof-lugano/geschaefte/shop-detail.html/geo-tourist-information-lugano-8e97

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Recommend a taxi in Lugano for 6 people & luggages’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.