Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Recommendation for Swiss railpass for a 2-day trip

Recommendation for Swiss railpass for a 2-day trip

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Marneabd
Marneabd
1 post
Mar 7, 2020 - 4:40 AM

Hi everyone.

I will travel to swiss for 2 days. I plan to go to interlaken, Lauterbrunnen and grindelwald for a full day from zurich and back.. the 2nd day I plan to cover the mount titlis from zurich and return. I will travel with my partner and 1 kid. What type of travel pass should I buy? It would be much appreciated if anyone can give the best suggestion. Thank you.

Anna
Anna
785 posts
top member &
Mar 7, 2020 - 6:51 AM in reply to Marneabd

Hi Marneabd,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss Travel Pass is available for 3 days and more. As you will be travelling only for 2 days, I would recommend looking into getting the Saver Day Pass. It's valid for one day on all the public transport network in Switzerland. However it does not give you any discounts on mountain railways and cableways. Please read the full details here: www.myswissalps.com/saverdaypass
The price of the Saver Day Pass is cheaper when you buy them well in advance.

If your kid is under 6 years old, he or she doesn't need any ticket or a railpass, but if he/she is between 6 and 16, you may need to get a Junior Travelcard, which costs CHF30 for one year : www.myswissalps.com/juniortravelcard

For sightseeing suggestions at your destinations, have a look at these links:

Hope that helps.

Anna

Last modified on Mar 7, 2020 - 6:53 AM by Anna
1960man
1960man
2622 posts
top member
Mar 7, 2020 - 1:19 PM in reply to Marneabd

Use a Saver Day pass for each day. Book as far in advance as possible for the best rate

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020