Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Recommendations for hotel in Lugano?

Recommendations for hotel in Lugano?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
DSL
DSL
28 posts
Aug 19, 2018 - 2:57 PM

Hello everyone,

Tried to search old threads but can't seem to locate related posts on hotels for Lugano, anyone with recommendations ?

Arno
Arno
14118 posts
expert &
Aug 19, 2018 - 3:07 PM in reply to DSL

Hi DSL,

Are you interested in budget, mid-range or luxurious hotels? Any location preferences?

DSL
DSL
28 posts
Aug 19, 2018 - 3:28 PM

Probably on the mid-range, not really nitpicking on location

Arno
Arno
14118 posts
expert &
DSL
DSL
28 posts
Aug 20, 2018 - 6:23 PM

Thanks for the reply, just wondering if I'm planning to visit Foxtown from Lugano, is any of the hotel be more convenient ?

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Aug 21, 2018 - 11:13 AM in reply to DSL

I checked Google Maps and it shows the Suitenhotel Parco Paradiso being the closest to Foxtown but not significantly.

DSL
DSL
28 posts
Aug 22, 2018 - 9:32 AM

Thanks, just a couple of questions

Anyone has stayed in Suitenhotel ? I've read reviews that their customer service is not really that helpful and the internet is rather bad

How about any reviews on Hotel Ibis Paradiso and Hotel Admiral ?

Arno
Arno
14118 posts
expert &
Aug 22, 2018 - 11:21 AM in reply to DSL

Hi DSL,

I haven't stayed there but I know the area. The Suitenhotel is in a quieter part of town, if that's what you're looking for. The average ratings are pretty good, more than 8 out of 10. But of course a bad experience can happen even there.

Ibis Paradiso is a low budget hotel, so rather basic, but good for the price I think: https://www.hotelscomb ined.com/Hotel/Ibis_Bu dget_Lugano_Paradiso.h tm. It's in the same part of town, but a busier location than the other one.

The Admiral is next to the Ibis. It's also basic so less expensive. The reviews are not as good as the Suitenhotel but still ok I'd say: https://www.hotelscomb ined.com/Hotel/Hotel_A dmiral_Lugano.htm.

So all these hotels are not in the town center, but they are at walking distance of a smaller train stop.

Last modified on Aug 22, 2018 - 11:22 AM by Arno

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019