Recommended Card vs Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2015 at 10:33:29 #807101

I would like to know which type of pass suit my 4 days stay in Switzerland with the following train trips below:-1. Zurich Main Station to Lucerne 2. Lucerne – Interlaken express (return trip) 3. Lucerne – Bern (return trip) 4. Lucerne – Zurich Airport

5. Public transportation in Zurich City (1 day trip)

I am travelling with 5 adults and 7 children age between 16 and 9 years old. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 April 2015 at 11:49:13 #842607

Hello Lily,

Your question has been answered through e-mail on April 17. Please find our answer below:

Swiss Travel Passes for the adults include all the transportation for free, without the need of getting tickets. The children up to 15 travel for free. Older children can get the cheaper Youth variant of the pass. Please find details and prices here:
    myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/price

You can also look into Swiss Half Fare Cards:
    myswissalps.com/ swisshalffarecard

This page might be helpful too:
    myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practical/ chooserailpass

If you have additional questions, please feel free to post back here!

• The thread ‘Recommended Card vs Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.