Refund for tickets as I have Swiss Travel Pass

• Lisaocay
    Participant
    20 posts
    9 November 2022 at 1:54:32 #828612

I purchased some point to point train tickets on the SBB mobile app. I then realized I should have purchased a Swiss Pass. I purchased one today. Do I ask for refunds on all the point to point tickets now that I have a Swiss pass?

Lisa Caywood

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

pvonk
    Participant
    382 posts
    9 November 2022 at 3:20:42 #948238

Are you sure you bought the SwissPass and not the Swiss Travel Pass? The first is for locals while the latter is for tourists.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 November 2022 at 7:51:06 #948239

Hi Lisa Caywood,

if you have bought a normal point to point ticket, yes, you can ask for a refund. In case you have bought a SuoerSaver ticket, you cannot ask for a refund. You can read about the differences here: http://www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/switzerland.

Here is the validity map of your Swiss Travel Pass: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/validity.

Ildiko

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 November 2022 at 7:53:43 #948240

Hi Pvonk,

I assume Lisa bought a Swiss Travel Pass. It is a common mistake to mix up these too. They have so similar names.

Thank you for the links, it helps to understand the differences between the two names.

Take care,

Ildiko

Lisaocay
    Participant
    20 posts
    9 November 2022 at 12:32:35 #948241

I purchased a Swiss Travel Flex pass for 3 days that are not consecutive. Thank you all for asking for clarification. My question is still the same so I hope you all can help

Lisa Caywood

Lisaocay
    Participant
    20 posts
    9 November 2022 at 12:36:48 #948242

Yes I purchased a Swiss Flex Travel Pass for three non-consecutive days. Thanks for your response . I have the same question though for what to do as far as tickets I have already purchased. Thank you

Lisa

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 November 2022 at 15:36:59 #948243

Hi Lisa,

National tickets which you purchased at the standard price (and not SuperSaver tickets) while logged into the SBB Mobile app or SBB online can be refunded or exchanged for free before the start of validity.

Here is what you should do: http://www.sbb.ch/en/help-and-contact/refunds-compensation/ticket-refunds.html

Ildiko

• The thread ‘Refund for tickets as I have Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.