Basel to Ringgenberg – ticket or rail pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2018 at 7:45:14 #815449

Hi,

As I could understand to reach Ringgenberg from Basel will need to travel From Basel to Interlaken in train and then take a bus hope I am correct on this. Could anyone please tell which ticket / saver pass would save money, We are a group of 18 ( 10 adults, 8 kids below 16 years) Will be staying 9 days in Switzerland and have purchased the 8 day swiss travel pass which starts from the next day of our arrival to Basel.Arrival date is May 7 ( I guess even companion ticket is over by then ?) May 8 our swiss travel pass begins. and will be using it 8 consecutive days.

Smiles,

Vinod

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2018 at 8:56:52 #882826

Yes, a train and quick bus trip is the most direct route from Basel to Ringgenberg. The timetable always gives you the most direct routing.

There are group discounts with SBB that could work for you: https://www.sbb.ch/en/ travelcards-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/group-tickets.html

There are super saver tickets available as well that might be the best option – but you must take the specific train and bus departure (miss it and you need another ticket). They are denoted on the timetable with a % sign and you’ll see the ticket is much cheaper. The first price you see on the timetable is for Swiss Half Fare Card holders – double it to get the regular fare.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2018 at 10:49:59 #882827

Thanks, For all kids we need to buy tickets ? Age 7-16 years

Arno
    15471 posts
    21 April 2018 at 16:03:09 #882828

Hi Vinod,

Yes, you need tickets for the kids as well, but the ones up to 15 don’t need to pay the full fare. You’ll find various options here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/discounts.

There are trains from Interlaken to Ringgenberg as well as buses. The trains might be more convenient with a group like yours. The timetable Lucas referred to shows all options.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    21 April 2018 at 18:08:18 #882829

Hi Vinod-

As I read your first post, I am not certain which day you would travel to Ringgenberg.

Is it the day before you start to use your STP?

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2018 at 1:53:32 #882830

No, A day prior to that

Also found that we have 1 day travel pass for kids at chf 16 and needs for adult to travel. If we opt group ticket we get 10th passenger free

can we go ahead and buy thisthe kids travel pass can be used by international passenger,does the kids pass need any other thing apart from a normal adult tickets to travel long

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    22 April 2018 at 2:38:19 #882831

Yes the 1-day childrens travel pass will work for you if the adults are travelling with normal adult tickets. You need one per child.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2018 at 12:58:18 #882832

Hi,

Tried using the above link only received dossier number, What should be my next action. Can I use this number payment on the day of arrival at Basel SBB and board the train ?

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 April 2018 at 14:16:06 #882833

Hi Vinod,

I am not sure what you ordered and where you ordered. Can you attach a screenshot of what you received?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    23 April 2018 at 19:38:06 #882834

Hi Arno,

I’m not sure if Vinod is referring to the link that appeared in my post or something earlier. I don’t remember if I added a link but if I did it would have been to http://www.sbb.ch/en/travelca rds-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/1-day-travelpass/1-day-travelpass-for-children.html.

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 April 2018 at 19:51:48 #882835

Hi Rockoyster,

Ok, but either way it’s hard to tell what Vinod exactly received: an actual ticket, a voucher or just a booking confirmation. Hopefully a screenshot sorts it out.

@Vinod: you can also check with the retailer you purchased from if you rather not share a screenshot.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2018 at 4:36:10 #882836

Hi,

Please find the screenshot as asked. This booking was done on

sbb-gruppentool.mxm.ch/gru ppentool/step1.aspx

will arriving at Basel from Paris TGV Lyria and our Basel Arrival time is 15:21 And ourt Basel to Interlaken group tickets have been attached. So will we have enough time to get down from TGV and walk to group desk and pickup the group tickets and catch the train following train ?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    24 April 2018 at 5:34:57 #882837

Looks like you have 38 minutes to pick up your tickets.

Should be fine.

• The thread ‘Basel to Ringgenberg – ticket or rail pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.