Paris to Basel reservation with Eurail Pass?

Paris to Basel reservation with Eurail Pass?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Preethy
Preethy
31 posts
Apr 7, 2018 - 1:53 PM

Hello buddies,

I am not sure whether my post is relevant here. I have an Eurail global pass. I want to travel from Paris to Basel which is served by TGV lyria. Apart from Eurail reservation portal and Raileurope, does TGV official site allows Eurail pass holders to reserve seats? Your response is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Preethy P

Lucas
Lucas
8863 posts
expert &
Apr 7, 2018 - 2:04 PM in reply to Preethy

Hi Preethy,

Yes, they should all allow you to buy reservations only and indicate that you have the Eurail global Pass so you aren't charged for the ticket again. Have you tried all those sites with no luck?

Tickets to Switzerland from France

Last modified on Apr 7, 2018 - 4:43 PM by Annika
Preethy
Preethy
31 posts
Apr 7, 2018 - 2:42 PM

These seems to be not working except raileurope. But that is very costly. Usually the official website is way cheaper. Just not sure if TGV has seat reservation option for Eurail customers

Lucas
Lucas
8863 posts
expert &
Apr 8, 2018 - 8:06 AM in reply to Preethy

Were you able to make reservation at https://en.oui.sncf/en /tgv-lyria ?

Preethy
Preethy
31 posts
Apr 8, 2018 - 8:55 AM in reply to Lucas

I have already checked Lucas. Train tab shows full fare ticket and Interrail tab is for just Interrail customers, I believe. There is none for Eurail pass holders.

Arno
Arno
11146 posts
expert &
Apr 8, 2018 - 5:58 PM

Hi Preethy,

The websites listed at www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/reservations/price allow you to book reservations without buying a ticket. Although www.acprail.com/train-reservations probably won't work for Paris to Basel as they're not very good on France to Switzerland routes. You can try www.eurail.com/en/book -your-reservations-with-eurail also.

Last modified on Apr 8, 2018 - 6:00 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018