Regarding Swiss Half Fare Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2018 at 23:40:15 #815750

Hi,

Me, my wife and my 7 year old son would be visiting Switzerland next month for 6 days. I am interested in buying the Swiss Half Fare family card so that my son can travel free. I wanted to check if i need to buy 2 half fare cards (2X120 CHF) for both me and my wife or would 1 card (1X120 CHF) be sufficient for the entire family and we can make the bookings using that.

Regards

Deepak

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 1:37:23 #884324

Hi Deepak,

Each adult needs their own Swiss Half Fare Card and then each needs to buy their own ticket for every trip as well. For your son to travel free with you, you’ll need to order (free) the Swiss Family Card at the same time.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 4:02:31 #884325

Thanks for the response Lucas. Just on “each adult needs to buy their own ticket for every trip”. Cant i buy tickets for my wife along with me and My son? SBB website is not restricting me from booking their tickets

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 13:50:33 #884326

Oh yes, you can buy tickets for them…as long as they have one.

Your 7 year old doesn’t need any tickets though if you have the Swiss Family Card – just you and your wife need tickets on top of the Swiss Half Fare Card.

• The thread ‘Regarding Swiss Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.