Regional pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2011 at 13:53:47 #804489

My Wife and I are traveling to Switzerland for the first time. Flying into Zurich on the 28th of Sept. 2011. We plan on staying in Murren for three nights. Would the buy one get one free pass of Bernese-Oberland be good for our trip from Zurich airport to Murren?

Also, if you please. We plan on taking a train to Venice from Murren. If I am reading the Swiss Rail Service correctly, we will have to change trains in Spiez to connect to Italian rail service? Thank you for your time

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    18 July 2011 at 4:07:07 #833500

Hi hampmike, and welcome! The Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland covers part of the trip Zurich-Mürren. The map under the link ‘Overview of the network on which the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland is valid’ at this page shows the area of validity. If you travel via Lucerne and Meiringen (which I’d suggest, as it’s a beautiful route) the pass will be valid from Lucerne, allowing a 50% discount between Lucerne and Brünig-Hasliberg. Between Brünig-Hasliberg and Mürren either a 50% discount applies on non-free travel days, or free traveling on free travel days. Whether this is an economical choice, depends on your plans once you’re in Mürren. If you plan to make lots of trips involving public transportation in the Jungfrau region, the free travel days offered by this pass are definitely worth your money!

Yes, the trip from Mürren to Venice requires several changes of trains: at Lauterbrunnen, Interlaken Ost, Spiez (sometimes Brig as well, depending on your train connection) and Milano. Your Regional-Pass will be valid up to Brig.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2011 at 8:11:16 #833501

Dear Annika,
    Thank you for your quick and very understandable reply…thanks to this whole forum…I find it useful

• The thread ‘Regional pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.