Regional pass Berner Oberland with Haltaxabo

• Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    11 February 2016 at 9:45:54 #808406

Hi Arno or Annika-

A new thread promoted by the posts in the discussion about the best pass for 18 days rail travel.

I hold a Halbtaxabo.

The Regional Pass BO seems to be available at a discount for me:

Quoting from the SBB website on who can buy one –

<<“Half-Fare travelcard / Reduced (Holders of: Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Travel Pass Flex, Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi, Swiss Half Fare Card, Halbtaxabo, Genaralabo)”>>

However, possible valid dates seem to end in late February.

SBB Ticket Shop says

<<“Please select a date [DD MM YYYY] within the valid date range: 11.02.2016 to 21.02.2016.”>>

I could be interested in June.

Can you help me understand the availability in early June?

Slowpoke

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    11 February 2016 at 11:04:45 #848378

Hi Slowpoke,

You’d better buy your pass through one of the resellers listed at our Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland page, rather than through the SBB shop. The easiest option for you is to use http://www.swissrailways.com. You can indicate that you’ll be having a Swiss Half Fare Card (in terms of the discount you’ll get, this equals the Halbtax-abo you’re using) and ordering for June is no problem. They have the option of shipping to any Swiss address for CHF 6.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    11 February 2016 at 11:23:30 #848379

Hi Annika-

Thanks for the fast answer:

<<“The easiest option for you is to use http://www.swissrailways.com. ">>

That works.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Regional pass Berner Oberland with Haltaxabo’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.