Regional Pass Bernese Oberland price to Jungfrau?

• Cece
    Participant
    9 posts
    18 June 2019 at 20:48:55 #822338

Hello,

We are a group of 10 traveling saying in the Lauterbrunnen area July 16 to 19th.

It would only be worth it for us to get the regional pass Bernese Oberland three day pass if it gives us a 1/2 price on the Jungfrau tickets.

Is that an option anywhere online once we purchase the regional pass?

It looks like it’s 1/2 price from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau and returning. But when I look to buy tickets online it doesn’t show the regional discount as an option, only the Swiss Pass.

I am trying to figure out how to buy the discounted Jungfrau ticket using the 1/2 price in the Regional Pass Overland before I buy the Regional pass.

This is what the pass states in the literature:

Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe

Free Train from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch:

Fixed discounted price: CHF 99 for a return ticket (2019).

Train to Kleine Scheidegg: free

But it doesn’t say what is the price going up from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau only the return price. Does this mean its free to get up there but $99 to return?

I have to be reading that wrong:)

Cathy Sprecco

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    18 June 2019 at 21:09:06 #915519

Hello Cathy.

The price is CHF99 return from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch. So that’s around 35% off the full fare price. A one-way ticket is not much use to anyone. You will need to get a ticket at a station. There are no on-line sites capable of handling the special BO Pass pricing.

Full fare for that route is CHF152 in high season but you can get a discount for groups of 10 (see official pricelist at bit.ly/2J5H92u). Not sure if that discount applies also if you already have BO Pass.

Have you seen http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/groupdiscounts.

Cece
    Participant
    9 posts
    19 June 2019 at 18:10:05 #915520

I want to make sure I understand.

So If we have the Bernese Oberland regional pass which would get us from Lauterbrunnen to Kleine Scheidegg for free, then the price from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch is $99 round trip or just one way?

Thank you for any information.

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 June 2019 at 18:37:20 #915521

Hi Cathy,

Return ticket means to and from, not just the way back. So you will spend CHF 99 (not $, although the exchange rate is close to 1:1).

Cece
    Participant
    9 posts
    19 June 2019 at 19:09:26 #915522

Thank you!

So helpful!

I am sure I sounded dense, but when I only saw the word “return” I needed confirmation:).

So for our three day trip and doing the calculations ( although its hard when I can’t find cable car or gondola prices!) it sounds to me that if we plan on doing other travel within the region such as Wengen or Grindenwald it would make sense to use the Regional pass . Now we need to decide between the Jungfrau regional or the Bernese Oberland regional pass .:) So will be checking on train rides to and from our trip to Lauterbrunnen to see which would make the most sense.

You all are so helpful!

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 June 2019 at 5:48:58 #915523

You’re welcome! How to find prices is explained here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable. For this area, the link on http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/tickets gets you lots of cable car/mountain train prices.

• The thread ‘Regional Pass Bernese Oberland price to Jungfrau?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.