Regional Pass – Can it be purchased in Interlaken?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2018 at 14:52:56 #816276

Since regional passes are paper tickets, can I just walk up to one of the train stations in Interlaken to purchase the pass? Will it be the same price?

We are hiring a car to Interlaken from Zurich so will not use the regional pass until Interlaken.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    28 May 2018 at 20:56:27 #886577

I did that in 2015 with no problems but the booking office at Interlaken closes early – around 1900 as I recall. Sufficient English was spoken to make the transaction easy. And credit cards accepted.

You’re planning on using the Bernese Oberland (regional) Pass? Ideal for travels based on Interlaken (what I did).

The public transport services in Switzerland are excellent. Do you really need to hire a car from Zurich to Interlaken?

Enjoy your travels.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2018 at 5:29:56 #886578

Hi Alanita,

You can buy the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland online and receive it by email for printing at home.
    It is with HappyRail only at this time. It’s a few francs cheaper than on the spot.

I would also think that taking a train from Zurich airport to Interlaken would be much simpler than renting a car just for that trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2018 at 12:43:33 #886579

Thank you for the information, very helpful. I did not see that you could print at home with happy rail. All regional passes I saw were to be mailed,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2018 at 13:17:33 #886580

That is usually the case, but it is a new feature with HappyRail.

• The thread ‘Regional Pass – Can it be purchased in Interlaken?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.