Regional Pass - Can it be purchased in Interlaken?

Regional Pass - Can it be purchased in Interlaken?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Alanita67
Alanita67
3 posts
May 28, 2018 - 2:52 PM

Since regional passes are paper tickets, can I just walk up to one of the train stations in Interlaken to purchase the pass? Will it be the same price?

We are hiring a car to Interlaken from Zurich so will not use the regional pass until Interlaken.

Gunzel
Gunzel
74 posts
May 28, 2018 - 8:56 PM in reply to Alanita67

I did that in 2015 with no problems but the booking office at Interlaken closes early - around 1900 as I recall. Sufficient English was spoken to make the transaction easy. And credit cards accepted.

You're planning on using the Bernese Oberland (regional) Pass? Ideal for travels based on Interlaken (what I did).

The public transport services in Switzerland are excellent. Do you really need to hire a car from Zurich to Interlaken?

Enjoy your travels.

Lucas
Lucas
6430 posts
expert &
May 29, 2018 - 5:29 AM in reply to Alanita67

Hi Alanita,

You can buy the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland online and receive it by email for printing at home.
It is with HappyRail only at this time. It's a few francs cheaper than on the spot.

I would also think that taking a train from Zurich airport to Interlaken would be much simpler than renting a car just for that trip.

Last modified on May 29, 2018 - 6:22 AM by Arno
Alanita67
Alanita67
3 posts
May 29, 2018 - 12:43 PM

Thank you for the information, very helpful. I did not see that you could print at home with happy rail. All regional passes I saw were to be mailed,

Lucas
Lucas
6430 posts
expert &
May 29, 2018 - 1:17 PM in reply to Alanita67

That is usually the case, but it is a new feature with HappyRail.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018