Regional Pass Lake Geneva – Alps coverage?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 August 2017 at 21:19:53 #812846

Hi there,

I will be travelling to Geneva with family. I am looking to purchase travel card but not sure which one will be more beneficial to my journey and cost effective.

Most of our travel will be around Geneva and Montreux area and travelling by train.

Is Regional Pass Lake Geneva -Alps is better option ?

Also does hotel in Montreux provide travel voucher like Geneva? If yes can this voucher be used for mountain train tour such as Rochers-de-Naye or Glacier 3000?

Any advice will be greatly appriciated.

Thank

H

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2017 at 6:38:09 #867895

Hi H and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, if your travel is going to be just in the Lake Geneva area, the Regional Pass Lake Geneva – Alps is probably your best bet. Have a look through the link, you can find more information about the pass, including how to buy it and where it is valid (to see if that covers everything you want).

Some hotels do offer the Montreux Riviera Card which does off some benefits, but mostly just around the town itself. Read more about this card on the link, and be sure to check with your hotel to see if they offer it.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2017 at 9:14:44 #867896

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for the above links and info about Montreux card.

I think Regional card is the better option for my travel and its covers most of my travel route.

Thanks

H

• The thread ‘Regional Pass Lake Geneva – Alps coverage?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.