Regional pass Lake Geneva + swiss family card

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
blaskovi
blaskovi
2 posts
Apr 21, 2017 - 8:10 AM

Hello,

I live in Switzerland and I am a holder of the GA travelcard. I will have my parents visiting soon together with my nephew, so their grandchild (11 years old). I was thinking of getting two regional passes for lake geneva and vaud for a week for my parents, so they can travel for free 3 days, and the rest of the days have 50% off. Can I also get the swiss family card for my nephew, so he can travel for free with them? Or this only works if is their son, and not grandson?

Thank you & best regards,

Sanja

Lucas
Lucas
10408 posts
expert &
Apr 21, 2017 - 2:04 PM in reply to blaskovi

Hi Sanja and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss Family Card can only be gotten with a Swiss Travel System Pass - it doesn't work with the Regional Pass Lake Geneva-Alps card.

They can get a Junior Travel Card for grandchildren however (called Children’s Co-travelcard), for a small amount and then he will be free when traveling with them. This card can only be bought in Switzerland - it is similar to the Junior Travel Card.

Lucas

Last modified on Apr 22, 2017 - 10:45 AM by Arno
blaskovi
blaskovi
2 posts
Apr 21, 2017 - 2:22 PM in reply to Lucas

Perfect! Thank you very much for your reply!

Sanja

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019