Regional Pass Lake Geneva, travel to/from airport

• John21
    Participant
    3 posts
    14 August 2022 at 8:12:16 #828070

I am arriving at Geneva airport on a Saturday and leaving on the following Saturday. If I use my 7 day Regional, pass on arrival to purchase a half price return train ticket to my holiday destination at Renens would a return ticket still be valid for my return journey the following Saturday?

If not, what would be the most cost effective way to journey to and from the airport?

Many thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 August 2022 at 9:15:34 #945592

Hi John21,

A Swiss return ticket is valid for 1 day only. So you should get separate tickets for Geneva Airport-Renens, and for Renens-Geneva Airport.

A full-fare ticket for a single journey costs CHF 25. This means you’ll pay the discounted fare of CHF 12.50 on your arrival day if you use a discounted travel day of your Regional-Pass Lake Geneva-Alps (http://www.myswissalps.com/regionalpasslakegeneva/validity). If you start your 7-day validity on the Saturday of arrival, your pass will no longer be valid on the Saturday of your departure. You’ll have to get a full-fare ticket of CHF 25 then, but you can check if a cheaper Supersaver ticket becomes available: https://www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/switzerland.

John21
    Participant
    3 posts
    14 August 2022 at 9:34:48 #945593

Many thanks,

John

• The thread ‘Regional Pass Lake Geneva, travel to/from airport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.