Regional train pass Bernese Oberland- late April

Regional train pass Bernese Oberland- late April

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Nanda
Nanda
5 posts
Mar 10, 2018 - 6:02 AM

Hello..

I plan to go on April 26 to May 5 to Oberland area. I try to booked regional train pass but in the web only for winter or summer season which is not including my time frame. Is there any train pass going on by my time frame? Thank you..

Lucas
Lucas
7238 posts
expert &
Mar 10, 2018 - 9:02 AM in reply to Nanda

Hi Nanda and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You shouldn't have any issues getting the Regional Pass - Bernese Oberland. It is available as of April 21 and we have retailers here where you can buy it online.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3732 posts
expert
Mar 10, 2018 - 7:28 PM in reply to Nanda
Nanda
Nanda
5 posts
Mar 12, 2018 - 2:14 AM in reply to Lucas

Thank you so much Lucas.I will look for the link you gave me..

Nanda
Nanda
5 posts
Mar 12, 2018 - 2:22 AM in reply to rockoyster

Thank you for the info,, I will be staying at Grindelwald and plan to do a bit hike.. what do you suggest I do? Since I saw a lot of the transportation are still close?

Nanda
Nanda
5 posts
Mar 12, 2018 - 2:28 AM in reply to Lucas

Lucas, If I already have a eurail ticket, do I still need this Oberland ticket as well?

rockoyster
rockoyster
3732 posts
expert
Mar 12, 2018 - 2:35 AM in reply to Nanda

You might want to read this thread - Hiking in April www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/hiking-alternatives-for-april-2018

The Eurail Pass only gets you 25% discount on the mountain transport south of Interlaken. But whether that means a BO Pass is necessary/useful depends on how much travel you plan.

Nanda
Nanda
5 posts
Mar 13, 2018 - 8:44 AM

Thank you Rockoyster..

I read all the link and wonder,, so if there is no hiking at the oberland area then what can we do? I really looking forward to visit lauterbrunnen and matterhorn. Can We do that?

rockoyster
rockoyster
3732 posts
expert
Mar 13, 2018 - 8:57 AM in reply to Nanda

The Matterhorn is at Zermatt. You might want to use the Swiss Train Timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to figure out how long it takes to get from Lauterbrunnen to Zermatt.

You have only given us a small snapshot of your plans. When and where are you arriving and departing Switzerland. That information might help improve the advice we can provide.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018