About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Regulations for using drones in Switzerland
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Regulations for using drones in Switzerland

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
dominikjeske
dominikjeske
3 posts
Aug 2, 2020 - 6:38 PM

I have a question about flying drones in Switzerland – I have some basic knowledge of regulations drone-traveller.com/drone-laws-switzerland/ but I’m little confused about some places – this map www.bazl.admin.ch/bazl/en/home/good-to-know/drones-and-aircraft-models/drohnenkarte.html shows places like Zermatt or Lauterbrunnen in red but I saw many videos from those places on youtube. Is that mean that they are illegal or maybe I should get some permission? Generally I’m trying to fly outside of crowds and not disturb people but if I could get ticket for that I will not go with the risk.

Second thing is he insurance – I know that I should have one but I don’t know are there any restrictions like below:

• Is this insurance should be some specific for drones or maybe some general for damage will be ok
  • Is there any minimum value that insurance should cover?
  • Should this insurance be in English? Last time I could only get it in my native Poland but I don’t know what will happened in case when someone would like to verify it
Last modified on Aug 2, 2020 - 10:51 PM by SaraC
SaraC
SaraC
28 posts
Aug 2, 2020 - 11:04 PM

Hi dominikjeske,

You can find a link with details on drone usage in Switzerland on the thread here: www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/using-camera-drones-in-switzerland

As for the insurance, you might want to contact the Federal Office of Civil Aviation directly by email: rpas@bazl.admin.ch

Hope this helps!

Greetings, Sara

Last modified on Aug 2, 2020 - 11:07 PM by SaraC
Arno
Arno
14360 posts
expert &
Aug 3, 2020 - 2:04 PM

Hi Dominikjeske,

As far as I know the light drones (under 500 grams) are no problem in most areas shown on that map. The videos you saw might be illegal, but on the other hand they may have been shot with these light drones, or actually outside of the non-permitted areas. A video may claim it was shot "in" Zermatt, but perhaps it actually was somewhere in the mountains, far away from the helicopter base where heavier drones are prohibited.

This might be of interest too: www.skyguide.ch/en/services/special-flights/

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020