Swiss Travel Pass for Reichenbachfall Oeschinensee

• udayaditya
    Participant
    55 posts
    29 April 2017 at 6:57:51 #811598

Hello

I have 8 days STP and want to cover Reichenbachefall from Meiringen and Oschinensee glacier from Thun

For Oschinensee I understand I have to change for a bus at Frutigen and then alight at Kandersteg,I M Kehr.Am I searching the right route? If so will I have to walk upto the glacier?

Also are both the routes covered fully by the STP? I am unable to get this information studying the STP validity map.

Please help

Regards

Udayaditya

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    29 April 2017 at 20:09:07 #862451

Hi Udayaditya,

Did you zoom in at the validity map? That may help to find details. Here are some answers:

• the funicular along the Reichenbachfall is not included in the Swiss Travel Pass. The fee is CHF 10 for a return ticket. The journey to Meiringen is fully covered.
    • there are trains to Kandersteg, unless the timetable indicates there’s a replacement bus from Frutigen due to construction works. Once in Kandersteg, it’s about a 600m walk from the rail station to the valley station of the cable car up to the Oeschinensee. The journey to Kandersteg is fully covered, the cable car is 50% discounted. As far as I know, there’s no glacier close to the lake that can easily be reached on foot.
    udayaditya
    Participant
    55 posts
    30 April 2017 at 16:01:57 #862452

Hello Annika

So mich thanks for your patience…

udayaditya
    Participant
    55 posts
    3 May 2017 at 4:21:31 #862453

Hi Annika

How much the cable car to Oschinensee cost with Swiss travel pass?

Regards

Udayaditya

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2017 at 9:25:19 #862454

Have a look on the Oeschinensee website here. You get 50% off the round trip fare of 26chf with the Swiss Travel Pass.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass for Reichenbachfall Oeschinensee’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.