Swiss Travel Pass for Reichenbachfall Oeschinensee

Swiss Travel Pass for Reichenbachfall Oeschinensee

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
udayaditya
udayaditya
55 posts
Apr 29, 2017 - 6:57 AM

Hello

I have 8 days STP and want to cover Reichenbachefall from Meiringen and Oschinensee glacier from Thun

For Oschinensee I understand I have to change for a bus at Frutigen and then alight at Kandersteg,I M Kehr.Am I searching the right route? If so will I have to walk upto the glacier?

Also are both the routes covered fully by the STP? I am unable to get this information studying the STP validity map.

Please help

Regards

Udayaditya

Annika
Annika
4880 posts
expert &
Apr 29, 2017 - 8:09 PM in reply to udayaditya

Hi Udayaditya,

Did you zoom in at the validity map? That may help to find details. Here are some answers:

• the funicular along the Reichenbachfall is not included in the Swiss Travel Pass. The fee is CHF 10 for a return ticket. The journey to Meiringen is fully covered.
  • there are trains to Kandersteg, unless the timetable indicates there's a replacement bus from Frutigen due to construction works. Once in Kandersteg, it's about a 600m walk from the rail station to the valley station of the cable car up to the Oeschinensee. The journey to Kandersteg is fully covered, the cable car is 50% discounted. As far as I know, there's no glacier close to the lake that can easily be reached on foot.
udayaditya
udayaditya
55 posts
Apr 30, 2017 - 4:01 PM

Hello Annika

So mich thanks for your patience...

udayaditya
udayaditya
55 posts
May 3, 2017 - 4:21 AM

Hi Annika

How much the cable car to Oschinensee cost with Swiss travel pass?

Regards

Udayaditya

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
May 3, 2017 - 9:25 AM in reply to udayaditya

Have a look on the Oeschinensee website here. You get 50% off the round trip fare of 26chf with the Swiss Travel Pass.

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017