Swiss Travel Pass for Reichenbachfall Oeschinensee

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
udayaditya
udayaditya
55 posts
Apr 29, 2017 - 6:57 AM

Hello

I have 8 days STP and want to cover Reichenbachefall from Meiringen and Oschinensee glacier from Thun

For Oschinensee I understand I have to change for a bus at Frutigen and then alight at Kandersteg,I M Kehr.Am I searching the right route? If so will I have to walk upto the glacier?

Also are both the routes covered fully by the STP? I am unable to get this information studying the STP validity map.

Please help

Regards

Udayaditya

Annika
Annika
5005 posts
expert &
Apr 29, 2017 - 8:09 PM in reply to udayaditya

Hi Udayaditya,

Did you zoom in at the validity map? That may help to find details. Here are some answers:

• the funicular along the Reichenbachfall is not included in the Swiss Travel Pass. The fee is CHF 10 for a return ticket. The journey to Meiringen is fully covered.
  • there are trains to Kandersteg, unless the timetable indicates there's a replacement bus from Frutigen due to construction works. Once in Kandersteg, it's about a 600m walk from the rail station to the valley station of the cable car up to the Oeschinensee. The journey to Kandersteg is fully covered, the cable car is 50% discounted. As far as I know, there's no glacier close to the lake that can easily be reached on foot.
udayaditya
udayaditya
55 posts
Apr 30, 2017 - 4:01 PM

Hello Annika

So mich thanks for your patience...

udayaditya
udayaditya
55 posts
May 3, 2017 - 4:21 AM

Hi Annika

How much the cable car to Oschinensee cost with Swiss travel pass?

Regards

Udayaditya

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
May 3, 2017 - 9:25 AM in reply to udayaditya

Have a look on the Oeschinensee website here. You get 50% off the round trip fare of 26chf with the Swiss Travel Pass.

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019