Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2017 at 16:31:12 #811637

Good evening

I have planned an itenerary as follows for 02 People

Travelling to Lucerne on 18 May 17

19 May – travel to Interlaken and then go for a trip Jungfrau

stay in Interlaken on 19 May

1 day Jungfrau region train and cable car travel on 20 May and stay in grindelwald

21 May travel to Interlaken and then consecutively to lucerne

Travel to Zurich from Lucerne for onward journey on 22 May

Could you please help me with the following :-

1. Whether the BO pass will be perfect for my travel plan? Many places in Junfrau region are free on this pass as given.

2. How to purchase the BO pass? can I buy it online and in how many days will I recieve the pass? Is the print at home option available?

3. Whether a Swiss Half Travel Card will help purchase tickets cheaper?

4. With BO pass , if i am not wrong i will have to still book tickets for my travel as seats are not reserved with the pass

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Regards.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2017 at 6:20:33 #862613

Hi Shriniwas and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Almost perfect? 🙂 Many but not all places are covered by the Regional Pass – Bernese Oberland, click the link to see what areas are covered (including a map).
    2. You can buy it online, but it must be shipped to you (can’t be emailed and printed at home)
    3. There is a 25% reduction on Jungfraujoch if you also have the Swiss Travel Pass, and 50% reduction or free traveling elsewhere. But if you are only traveling in Switzerland as described by you above and no other areas, buying both passes would not be worth the cost.
    4. Reserving seats are not required on any trips that you have mentioned. Some tickets must still be purchased however (IE from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch at 25% off).

Cheers,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2017 at 4:30:35 #862614

>> Regional Pass – Bernese Oberland … You can buy it online, but it must be shipped to you (can’t be emailed and printed at home)

There seems to be a print-at-home option available now. I couldn’t see any indication that it is for residents of Switzerland only:

http://www.regionalpass-berneroberland.ch/en/p ass-and-infos/buy-ticket/

It’s a similar situation with the Tell-Pass.

http://www.tellpass.ch/en/sum mer/ticketshop/

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Relevance of BO Regional Pass for 3 day itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.