Reliable weather resource for Wengen/Jungfraujoch

• BarSal
    Participant
    113 posts
    19 April 2018 at 3:15:46 #815413

Planning our trip began months ago and much of what has been planned has been based on information gleaned from this fabulous forum.

I receive alerts of ‘new’ topics (that are embarrassingly repetitive) I now read the daily alerts and read questions about places we are going and write down little gems I find!

Two key facts – keep clothes, and day trips flexible. ie: wear layers and watch the weather forecast!

With that in mind what is the most reliable resource to monitor weather when staying in Wengen and wanting to pick a day to ‘do’ Jungfraujoch?

I think I have solved my version of the ever popular topic of ‘which travel pass’ by selecting the 15 day STP flex for our 23 day stay.

Thx

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2018 at 7:25:55 #882645

Hi BarSal,

Glad to hear you are finding our website so useful for your trip planning!

We list a few Swiss weather websites here for you to check. Furthermore, each mountain has their own website and notes the current weather (and almost always has a webcam to check as well) like Jungfraujoch: https://www.jungfrau.c h/en-gb/live/weather/

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2018 at 19:38:48 #882646

Also, most hotels in Wengen have a video feed from the top of the Jungfrauhoch. At least the Barren, the Edelweiss and the Hotel Regina do. I have stayed at each of them. Once you see the top is clear, run down to the train station and get your tickets! Then pack a warm jacket, a camera and some money and off you go. You will not regret it!

BarSal
    Participant
    113 posts
    19 April 2018 at 23:37:33 #882647

Thx Lucas. I recently enjoyed the article you shared on the Röstigraben. As as mono-linguistic Swiss-German-Irish-Australian, I found it fascinating! I had no idea of its existence or context.

BarSal
    Participant
    113 posts
    19 April 2018 at 23:39:00 #882648

Exactly what I needed to know Maria! Thank you!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 April 2018 at 23:46:19 #882649

Hi Sally,

Read this.

BarSal
    Participant
    113 posts
    20 April 2018 at 0:54:34 #882650

That was fun and I finally mastered a line from an old German rhyme ‘Rechts ist niche wahr”. Literally right is not right, with right being a direction and also a measure of truth.

I have a few months of school girl German, (SA being a free state with extensive German settlement in the 1800s) it was a language option in high school. I have numbers and days of the week …. that’s it!

I am hoping for good natured locals who will be amused by my pathetic attempts to communicate and agree to help me in English. I have mastered ‘bier und wein’ – so we should be OK.

• The thread ‘Reliable weather resource for Wengen/Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.