Reliable weather resource for Wengen/Jungfraujoch

Reliable weather resource for Wengen/Jungfraujoch

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
BarSal
BarSal
101 posts
Apr 19, 2018 - 3:15 AM

Planning our trip began months ago and much of what has been planned has been based on information gleaned from this fabulous forum.

I receive alerts of ‘new’ topics (that are embarrassingly repetitive) I now read the daily alerts and read questions about places we are going and write down little gems I find!

Two key facts - keep clothes, and day trips flexible. ie: wear layers and watch the weather forecast!

With that in mind what is the most reliable resource to monitor weather when staying in Wengen and wanting to pick a day to ‘do’ Jungfraujoch?

I think I have solved my version of the ever popular topic of ‘which travel pass’ by selecting the 15 day STP flex for our 23 day stay.

Thx

Lucas
Lucas
8881 posts
expert &
Apr 19, 2018 - 7:25 AM in reply to BarSal

Hi BarSal,

Glad to hear you are finding our website so useful for your trip planning!

We list a few Swiss weather websites here for you to check. Furthermore, each mountain has their own website and notes the current weather (and almost always has a webcam to check as well) like Jungfraujoch: https://www.jungfrau.c h/en-gb/live/weather/

munichmaria
munichmaria
12 posts
Apr 19, 2018 - 7:38 PM

Also, most hotels in Wengen have a video feed from the top of the Jungfrauhoch. At least the Barren, the Edelweiss and the Hotel Regina do. I have stayed at each of them. Once you see the top is clear, run down to the train station and get your tickets! Then pack a warm jacket, a camera and some money and off you go. You will not regret it!

BarSal
BarSal
101 posts
Apr 19, 2018 - 11:37 PM in reply to Lucas

Thx Lucas. I recently enjoyed the article you shared on the Röstigraben. As as mono-linguistic Swiss-German-Irish-Australian, I found it fascinating! I had no idea of its existence or context.

BarSal
BarSal
101 posts
Apr 19, 2018 - 11:39 PM in reply to munichmaria

Exactly what I needed to know Maria! Thank you!

rockoyster
rockoyster
3917 posts
expert
Apr 19, 2018 - 11:46 PM in reply to BarSal

Hi Sally,

Read this.

BarSal
BarSal
101 posts
Apr 20, 2018 - 12:54 AM in reply to rockoyster

That was fun and I finally mastered a line from an old German rhyme ‘Rechts ist niche wahr”. Literally right is not right, with right being a direction and also a measure of truth.

I have a few months of school girl German, (SA being a free state with extensive German settlement in the 1800s) it was a language option in high school. I have numbers and days of the week .... that’s it!

I am hoping for good natured locals who will be amused by my pathetic attempts to communicate and agree to help me in English. I have mastered ‘bier und wein’ - so we should be OK.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018