Help choosing Lucerne hotel: suggestions?

• Roy
    Participant
    13 posts
    31 August 2018 at 22:01:10 #818175

Thanks to Lucas, and help on these forums, we are almost there with planning for our upcoming 10 day trip.

We need to choose between these two hotels in Lucerne:

1)

The Tourist City & River Hotel Luzern ( http://www.thetouristhotel.ch /en )

2)

Hotel Drei Könige Luzern ( http://www.drei-koenige.ch/en )

#1 is slightly more expensive – but reviews for both are all over the place – good and not so good, so it is a little hard to decide.

While we cannot expect everything, Which one is a better location from train station, etc. ?

If you have stayed here recently, please help with feedback.

Thanks

— Roy

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Ann112
    Participant
    9 posts
    1 September 2018 at 3:17:17 #895387

hopefully my suggestion doesn’t add to your dilemma on where to stay.

We stayed in Luzern in July and stayed at Hotel Central Luzern, link is

http://www.hotel-central-luzern.com/en

The location is great, only 3-5 min walk from railway, literally straight up the road. The rooms were nice,y furnished, no air conditioning, staff were fabulous and included breakfast was great.

i would certainly recommend this hotel and will stay again.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 September 2018 at 15:01:44 #895388

Both seem like good locations to me – the Tourist Hotel is right on the river which is always nice. 🙂

Roy
    Participant
    13 posts
    1 September 2018 at 15:58:52 #895389

Thanks Ann – unfortunately, not available during our time in Lucerne (11-14 sept)

Roy
    Participant
    13 posts
    1 September 2018 at 15:59:31 #895390

Thank you Lucas.

How far is the train station from these two hotels ?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 September 2018 at 16:31:55 #895391

Google Maps is your friend. 🙂 It shows me they are about 10-12 minute walk from the main train station.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    1 September 2018 at 17:56:12 #895392

Hi Ann-

I have not stayed at the Central Plaza for quite a while, but did find it to be satisfactory, and was at first confused by your comments. Then, I realized that Central Plaza, at tram stop Central, across the bridge from the Bahnhof, and is air-conditioned, is different from the Central you stayed at. ;-). Air conditiong is rare..

Slowpoke

boshyd
    Participant
    58 posts
    5 September 2018 at 13:27:05 #895393

hotel waldstatterhof is in an ideal location. The way I see it you spend very little time at hotels so book most convenient for the activities you want to do.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 September 2018 at 23:47:17 #895394

Hello Roy,

I realise this is probably too late, but I stayed at the Hotel Drei Könige for one night last month, and I was happy. The room was dated, but clean and in good condition. The breakfast was tasty, lots of variety. The staff were very helpful and I was even given a small gift when I left, a lucky charm. The location was convenient for the station with bus stops close by. If I’m lucky enough to return to Lucerne, I’d stay there again.

Enjoy your trip!

• The thread ‘Help choosing Lucerne hotel: suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.