Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Help choosing Lucerne hotel: suggestions?

Help choosing Lucerne hotel: suggestions?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Roy
Roy
13 posts
Aug 31, 2018 - 10:01 PM

Thanks to Lucas, and help on these forums, we are almost there with planning for our upcoming 10 day trip.

We need to choose between these two hotels in Lucerne:

1)

The Tourist City & River Hotel Luzern ( www.thetouristhotel.ch /en )

2)

Hotel Drei Könige Luzern ( www.drei-koenige.ch/en )

#1 is slightly more expensive - but reviews for both are all over the place - good and not so good, so it is a little hard to decide.

While we cannot expect everything, Which one is a better location from train station, etc. ?

If you have stayed here recently, please help with feedback.

Thanks

-- Roy

Ann112
Ann112
9 posts
Sep 1, 2018 - 3:17 AM

hopefully my suggestion doesn’t add to your dilemma on where to stay.

We stayed in Luzern in July and stayed at Hotel Central Luzern, link is

www.hotel-central-luzern.com/en

The location is great, only 3-5 min walk from railway, literally straight up the road. The rooms were nice,y furnished, no air conditioning, staff were fabulous and included breakfast was great.

i would certainly recommend this hotel and will stay again.

Lucas
Lucas
10495 posts
top member
Sep 1, 2018 - 3:01 PM in reply to Roy

Both seem like good locations to me - the Tourist Hotel is right on the river which is always nice. :)

Roy
Roy
13 posts
Sep 1, 2018 - 3:58 PM in reply to Ann112

Thanks Ann - unfortunately, not available during our time in Lucerne (11-14 sept)

Roy
Roy
13 posts
Sep 1, 2018 - 3:59 PM in reply to Lucas

Thank you Lucas.

How far is the train station from these two hotels ?

Lucas
Lucas
10495 posts
top member
Sep 1, 2018 - 4:31 PM in reply to Roy

Google Maps is your friend. :) It shows me they are about 10-12 minute walk from the main train station.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6939 posts
expert
Sep 1, 2018 - 5:56 PM in reply to Ann112

Hi Ann-

I have not stayed at the Central Plaza for quite a while, but did find it to be satisfactory, and was at first confused by your comments. Then, I realized that Central Plaza, at tram stop Central, across the bridge from the Bahnhof, and is air-conditioned, is different from the Central you stayed at. ;-). Air conditiong is rare..

Slowpoke

boshyd
boshyd
58 posts
Sep 5, 2018 - 1:27 PM

hotel waldstatterhof is in an ideal location. The way I see it you spend very little time at hotels so book most convenient for the activities you want to do.

Last modified on Sep 5, 2018 - 3:24 PM by Lucas
Kaysant
Kaysant
1 post
Sep 8, 2018 - 11:47 PM in reply to Roy

Hello Roy,

I realise this is probably too late, but I stayed at the Hotel Drei Könige for one night last month, and I was happy. The room was dated, but clean and in good condition. The breakfast was tasty, lots of variety. The staff were very helpful and I was even given a small gift when I left, a lucky charm. The location was convenient for the station with bus stops close by. If I'm lucky enough to return to Lucerne, I'd stay there again.

Enjoy your trip!

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019