Request suggestions for dinner in Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 August 2018 at 21:20:28 #817844

Our daughter is turning the difficult 30 when we are traveling in Lucene. Staying at the Chateau. What would be a memorable place for dinner. Lucerne will be memorable on her own!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    13 August 2018 at 0:01:03 #894070

Hi Page-

Traditionally, the very best has been the Palace Hotel. When I have eaten there, I’ve always been extraordinarily pleased and impressed.

Also –

I have been a a fan of chef Ralph Thomas for many years when he had his own place in Dallenwil.

He is now established at the restaurant Bam Bou, by Thomas, not too far from the main station. It is in “The Hotel.” Forget the silly name. Previous cuisine was Oriental. His is cuisine is exquisite French/Swiss.

Each time I visit Switzerland, I eat there. Only once, because his prices have gone up quite a bit.

Either would fit your requirements; bring your wallet.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2018 at 20:53:24 #894071

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately the lovely Hotel Palace is under renovation until 2019. I will certainly research Bam Bou.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    13 August 2018 at 21:25:40 #894072

Here’s another idea. I ride that cableway regularly, but have never tried the dinner. The bottom station of the cable car at Weggis is some distance up hill from public transport……

http://www.rigi.ch/en/Experie nce-Enjoy/Groups-meetings/Social-programmes/The-restaurant-in-the-sky

I am absolutely certain of the superb food quality and service at Herr Thomas’ restaurant. I have now established it as a stop on every trip that I make to Switzerland. It is only a short walk from the main station.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Request suggestions for dinner in Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.