Reservation assistance on Glacier Express required

• rahmanr67
    Participant
    12 posts
    10 April 2018 at 1:36:15 #815238

Want to board in Glacier express tour from Chur, however, I will start the journey from Lucerne in the morning of April 29, 2018

Later, I will get off the train in Brig. Then take a train back to Lucerne.

I am finding difficulty in doing the seat reservations. I have the swiss travel passes for the whole family of four.

Need step wise assistance i.e., from and to train stations selection etc.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    10 April 2018 at 3:32:47 #881783

The Glacier Express is fully-booked on the 29 April.

You can follow the same route on regular trains. You want Chur to Brig via Disentis and Andermatt. Check the Swiss Train Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable). The good news is reservations won’t be necessary and the trip is free with you STPs.

rahmanr67
    Participant
    12 posts
    10 April 2018 at 19:00:30 #881784

Thanks Rockoyster for your response.

Is it possible to board in Glacier express from Zermatt to St. Moritz on May 3, 2018

The schedule shows an error on reservation.

Do the cancellations happen?

Would you advise to check on the platform or a day before to seek reservations?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    10 April 2018 at 20:53:16 #881785

You can check for reservations at shop.glacierexpress.ch /.

If you can’t get reservations then I think it would be better to adopt Plan B rather than wondering if you were going to get a seat at the last minute.

The scenery from the regular trains is still the same. Despite its name the Glacier Express does not get you a view of any actual glaciers. 😎

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2018 at 23:43:01 #881786

>> Is it possible to board in Glacier express from Zermatt to St. Moritz on May 3, 2018

Yes, seats are still available in both first and second class on the 9:52 departure from Zermatt – see attached (for second class).

You can book on the Glacier Express website, to which rockoyster has already given you the link.

Alpenrose

rahmanr67
    Participant
    12 posts
    10 April 2018 at 23:45:57 #881787

Yes, I see the seats, however, it asks for more money whereas I was of the opinion that the route should be free if you have the Swiss travel pass other than the meals cost .

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 April 2018 at 0:08:09 #881788

Reservations are additional to the ticket price which is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. When booking you have to nominate that you have a Swiss Travel Pass in order to pay only the reservations charge.

• The thread ‘Reservation assistance on Glacier Express required’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.