Reservation assistance on Glacier Express required

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
rahmanr67
rahmanr67
12 posts
Apr 10, 2018 - 1:36 AM

Want to board in Glacier express tour from Chur, however, I will start the journey from Lucerne in the morning of April 29, 2018

Later, I will get off the train in Brig. Then take a train back to Lucerne.

I am finding difficulty in doing the seat reservations. I have the swiss travel passes for the whole family of four.

Need step wise assistance i.e., from and to train stations selection etc.

rockoyster
rockoyster
4019 posts
expert
Apr 10, 2018 - 3:32 AM in reply to rahmanr67

The Glacier Express is fully-booked on the 29 April.

You can follow the same route on regular trains. You want Chur to Brig via Disentis and Andermatt. Check the Swiss Train Timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable). The good news is reservations won't be necessary and the trip is free with you STPs.

rahmanr67
rahmanr67
12 posts
Apr 10, 2018 - 7:00 PM in reply to rockoyster

Thanks Rockoyster for your response.

Is it possible to board in Glacier express from Zermatt to St. Moritz on May 3, 2018

The schedule shows an error on reservation.

Do the cancellations happen?

Would you advise to check on the platform or a day before to seek reservations?

rockoyster
rockoyster
4019 posts
expert
Apr 10, 2018 - 8:53 PM in reply to rahmanr67

You can check for reservations at shop.glacierexpress.ch /.

If you can’t get reservations then I think it would be better to adopt Plan B rather than wondering if you were going to get a seat at the last minute.

The scenery from the regular trains is still the same. Despite its name the Glacier Express does not get you a view of any actual glaciers. 😎

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 10, 2018 - 11:43 PM in reply to rahmanr67

>> Is it possible to board in Glacier express from Zermatt to St. Moritz on May 3, 2018

Yes, seats are still available in both first and second class on the 9:52 departure from Zermatt - see attached (for second class).

You can book on the Glacier Express website, to which rockoyster has already given you the link.

Alpenrose

Last modified on Apr 10, 2018 - 11:43 PM by Removed user
Please login to see the attached documents
rahmanr67
rahmanr67
12 posts
Apr 10, 2018 - 11:45 PM in reply to Removed user

Yes, I see the seats, however, it asks for more money whereas I was of the opinion that the route should be free if you have the Swiss travel pass other than the meals cost .

rockoyster
rockoyster
4019 posts
expert
Apr 11, 2018 - 12:08 AM in reply to rahmanr67

Reservations are additional to the ticket price which is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. When booking you have to nominate that you have a Swiss Travel Pass in order to pay only the reservations charge.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018