Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Golden Pass seat reservation with Eurail Pass

Golden Pass seat reservation with Eurail Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Emmss
Emmss
1 post
Oct 26, 2019 - 5:37 AM

Hello,

My partner and I will be traveling through Switzerland for a couple of days. We have planned to take the Golden Pass Line on December 28, 2019 from Montreux to Lucerne. I am having a very difficult time trying to book the (3) separate routes, let alone with my Eurail Global Pass. I have read on this website that the Golden Pass Line is free with the Eurail Global Pass. Please help advise how I can secure my seat reservations from Montreux to Lucerne so that I can continue booking my overnight accommodations.

Thank you so much!

Emily

rockoyster
rockoyster
7910 posts
expert
Oct 26, 2019 - 6:54 AM in reply to Emmss

Hello Emily and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

With your Eurail Pass you can just board any train on the route.

You can make reservations for the Golden Pass Line (www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass) including seat selection at bit.ly/2kaq6Rf. Click the "e" for English language top right of the page. (where it says "Sprachwahl: d i f e"). Then change the class of travel, date of travel and start/end points to suit. Reservations are not compulsory but are recommended on the Montreux to Zweisimmen leg (which is where the Panoramic and Belle Époque trains operate) during peak tourist season.

By far the best way to check timetables (IMHO) is using the SBB Mobile app (bit.ly/2ICIUHi). In the unlikely event you don’t have a device capable of running the app then you can use the timetable on the SBB website (bit.ly/2HH1U7B). If you are not familiar with using the timetable it will pay to first read the instructions at www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

Last modified on Oct 26, 2019 - 6:56 AM by rockoyster
Anna
Anna
357 posts
top member &
Oct 26, 2019 - 7:11 AM in reply to Emmss

Hi Emms,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

I understand your concern but don't worry, even without a seat reservation you can still get on the train and continue with your journey.

Seat reservation is not compulsory on the Golden Pass Line, but encouraged if you want to secure your seats in the panoramic coaches. But if you can't get those seats, the regular coaches are comfortable and have big windows too, offering equally pleasant views. Unlike the Bernina Express and Glacier Express, the Golden Pass is not a direct train. It's a scenic route, serviced by several very special trains. You would need to switch trains in Interlaken and Zweisimmen. Be sure to check the timetable as mentioned by Rockoyster.

These links may offer better explanations:

Be sure to check these out too:

Best regards,

Anna

Last modified on Oct 26, 2019 - 7:13 AM by Anna

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019