Reservation in Mount Rigi trip with Swiss Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 January 2015 at 6:43:37 #806838

Hello, I will be visiting Switzerland in End April. I will buy 4 days Swiss pass. Mount rigi trip is free with Swiss pass. Is it worth? or should I go for titlis or Pilatus? how much extra I have to pay appx for titlis or Pilatus trip with swiss pass? Secondly, if I go for mt rigi, do I need to reserve the seats? and how it can be done?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 January 2015 at 5:37:44 #841644

Hi nakul,

Mount Rigi is certainly worth it. So are Titlis and Pilatus. Please see the pages below to see which one you like best. With a Swiss Travel Pass, you will get a 50% discount on Mount Titlis and Pilatus, and the Rigi trains are indeed free, as well as the boats. Links to the regular prices are on the below pages. You don’t need to book seats for any of these trips.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 February 2015 at 12:16:42 #841645

Hi Arno,

I have booked train from Paris. The train is reaching Zurich HB station at 1426 Hrs on 26 April 2015.. We have booked a hotel in Lucerne for this day as well as next day.

Is it possible to deposit the Luggage in locker room at ZURICH Station and have a round trip to RHINE FALLS and then take a train from zurich station to Lucerne ??? Would it be late and dark by the time we reach rhine falls??? Or we should go to directly Lucerne if its late …??

Annika
    7124 posts
    2 February 2015 at 13:12:37 #841646

Hi nakul,

It’s a bit late in the day to travel to the Rhine Fall. With only a few days available, I would skip Zurich and the Rhine Fall. Get off the train from Paris in Basel and take a direct train to Lucerne (free with a Swiss Travel Pass). You’ll arrive at 15:05. There’s plenty to see there, even later in the day.

• The thread ‘Reservation in Mount Rigi trip with Swiss Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.