Reservation on Zweisimmen - Ouchy with Geneva Pass

Reservation on Zweisimmen - Ouchy with Geneva Pass

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
neville
neville
7 posts
Jun 19, 2017 - 7:57 PM

I am trying to reserve places on the Zweisimmen-Montreux-Lausanne train on sbb.ch using my Geneva Rail Pass. Unfortunately, when I get to choose the tickets I am only given half price options when I am really entitled for full price reduction - according to the pass conditions. Can anybody advice me how to organise such a reservation without having to pay full or half price?

Thanks

Neville

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
1176 posts
top member
Jun 20, 2017 - 5:12 AM in reply to neville

Hi Neville,

>> I am trying to reserve places on the Zweisimmen-Montreux-Lausanne train on sbb.ch using my Geneva Rail Pass. Unfortunately, when I get to choose the tickets I am only given half price options when I am really entitled for full price reduction - according to the pass conditions. Can anybody advice me how to organise such a reservation without having to pay full or half price?

Are you wanting to travel on an official Golden Pass train between Zweisimmen and Montreux? If so, you can make your reservation at a cost of CHF 8 per seat here:

reservations.mob.ch/re servation/reservation/ reservation/reservatio n/reservation/reservat ion/reservation/reserv ation/reservation/rese rvation/f?p=151:1:27348873930343 54::NO:::

As far as I can tell, reservations for the sector Montreux to Lausanne are not possible, but you can try for yourself here:

www.sbb.ch/ticketshop/ b2c/sprache.do?en

Alpenrose

neville
neville
7 posts
Jun 20, 2017 - 5:32 AM in reply to Alpenrose666

I guess I can risk just walking on to the train montreux to lausanne without pre-booking seats.

Right?

Neville

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
1176 posts
top member
Jun 20, 2017 - 5:55 AM in reply to neville

>> I guess I can risk just walking on to the train montreux to lausanne without pre-booking seats.

Yes, but I would avoid the morning and evening commuter periods if you are travelling with luggage.

Alpenrose

neville
neville
7 posts
Jun 20, 2017 - 6:05 AM in reply to Alpenrose666

Noted. Should be in ouchy before 5pm as I planned it. Thanks again for helping me out. You're an angel. The Swiss rail system online bookings are a bit complicated.

Thanks

Neville

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
1176 posts
top member
Jun 20, 2017 - 7:05 AM in reply to neville

>> Thanks again for helping me out.

You're welcome! Have a great trip.

Alpenrose

Lucas
Lucas
3339 posts
expert &
Jun 20, 2017 - 7:43 AM in reply to neville

Hi Neville,

When you say Geneva rail Pass are you referring to the Regional Pass - Lake Geneva - Alps?
This regional pass will indeed cover you on your route starting in Zweisimmen. Reservations on the panoramic train between Zweisimmen and Montreux are optional but I would book it as per Alpenrose's link above (no reductions on the reservation cost with any rail pass).

I also wouldn't worry about trying to reserve from Montreux to Lausanne either - it isn't really worth it for any Swiss trains except the panoramic ones where it is mandatory except the Golden Pass route.

Enjoy your trip!

neville
neville
7 posts
Jun 20, 2017 - 8:01 AM in reply to Lucas

That is in fact what I did and I managed to get the last seats that were not dispersed here and there.

Thanks for your help.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017