Reservation, ticket for the new Goldenpass Express

• DLLM
    Participant
    3 posts
    18 October 2022 at 1:43:24 #828525

Hi all,

Would like some advice on the new Goldenpass Express. I went to MOB website to purchase my tickets for Dec 15th on Sunday.

Tickets were released and I proceeded to book. However upon check out, only the reservation fees was charged. Tickets fees were not included. I continued with payment thinking there will be a separate charge or payment but it never came. I immediately dropped them an email thereafter to no avail.

I did a dummy booking yesterday and this time round, the ticket fee was inclusive of the seat reservation. I concluded it is likely an unfortunate system error which affected my bookings. I called up MOB immediately for help. But apparently, the lady over the phone doesnt seem to have patience to hear me out nor interest to help me with their apparent system error. She advice me to drop an email instead which I already did yesterday.

I only hold the seats reservation now without the train tickets. There are no options to rebook or cancel it with MOB. MOB is also not interested to help other than a standard template “check and get back” email reply after our phone call. Am I able to just purchase the point to point tickets with SBB and board the new Golden Pass Express with tickets from SBB and seat reservation from MOB?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 October 2022 at 6:12:39 #947846

Of course, you can.

In Switzerland, we do have an integrated public transport ticketing system, which makes our public transport so successful. This means, you can buy tickets with any public transport company for any line, thereby, the company operating the line is irrelevant.

Anna
    6274 posts
    18 October 2022 at 7:39:33 #947847

Hi DLLM,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

No worries. If you have a seat reservation, all you need now is a valid ticket to ride the GoldenPass Express. If you have a railpass such as a Swiss Travel Pass, you don’t need a ticket at all. Otherwise a practical option would be to get a point-to-point ticket, as explained here: http://www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/switzerland

Further details about tickets and reservations on the Golden Pass: http://www.myswissalps.com/goldenpass/tickets

Let us know if you have further questions.

regards,

Anna

DLLM
    Participant
    3 posts
    18 October 2022 at 11:35:54 #947848

thanks all

• The thread ‘Reservation, ticket for the new Goldenpass Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.