Restaurant advice for Interlaken and Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2018 at 3:34:12 #814796

Hello. My wife and I will be spending 3 nights in Interlaken in early April, exploring the Jungfrau region and Lake Brienz, then stopping in Lucerne for a few hours on our way toward Basel to begin a Rhine river cruise. To better appreciate Swiss culture, we would like to eat in some restaurants that serve local dishes, preferably in a casual setting. Do you have any recommendations for these areas?

Also, we will be travelling with Swiss Travel Passes. Do you know if the train station in Lucerne has large lockers that might fit a few suitcases while we explore the area? Thank you for your reply, Mark.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    16 March 2018 at 19:54:56 #878921

Hello gvmark,

Luzern Station does have lockers of varying sizes. You would typically need one per suitcase depending of course on size.

They are located near platform 1 and also at the opposite side of the station.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2018 at 7:09:32 #878922

Hi gvmark,

I don’t have any personal experience eating in either Luzern or Interlaken. I do know there is a nice Manor department store in Luzern (top floor) that offers a good mix of Swiss and other food types. Casual and relatively affordable for Switzerland.

If you search our forums (top right box) for restaurants Luzern or restaurants Interlaken you will get quite a few threads with recommendations from others who have asked the same question.

Happy travels!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2018 at 5:06:55 #878923

Thank you Rockoyster and Lucas for your information. Your posts are very helpful and informative.

• The thread ‘Restaurant advice for Interlaken and Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.