Restaurant advice for Interlaken and Lucerne

Restaurant advice for Interlaken and Lucerne

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Mar 16, 2018 - 3:34 AM

Hello. My wife and I will be spending 3 nights in Interlaken in early April, exploring the Jungfrau region and Lake Brienz, then stopping in Lucerne for a few hours on our way toward Basel to begin a Rhine river cruise. To better appreciate Swiss culture, we would like to eat in some restaurants that serve local dishes, preferably in a casual setting. Do you have any recommendations for these areas?

Also, we will be travelling with Swiss Travel Passes. Do you know if the train station in Lucerne has large lockers that might fit a few suitcases while we explore the area? Thank you for your reply, Mark.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3684 posts
expert
Mar 16, 2018 - 7:54 PM in reply to Removed user

Hello gvmark,

Luzern Station does have lockers of varying sizes. You would typically need one per suitcase depending of course on size.

They are located near platform 1 and also at the opposite side of the station.

Lucas
Lucas
7081 posts
expert &
Mar 17, 2018 - 7:09 AM in reply to Removed user

Hi gvmark,

I don't have any personal experience eating in either Luzern or Interlaken. I do know there is a nice Manor department store in Luzern (top floor) that offers a good mix of Swiss and other food types. Casual and relatively affordable for Switzerland.

If you search our forums (top right box) for restaurants Luzern or restaurants Interlaken you will get quite a few threads with recommendations from others who have asked the same question.

Happy travels!

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Mar 18, 2018 - 5:06 AM in reply to Lucas

Thank you Rockoyster and Lucas for your information. Your posts are very helpful and informative.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018