“Restaurant reservation without offer” means what?

• autumnz
    Participant
    81 posts
    5 July 2018 at 1:29:33 #817083

Hello,

When making restaurant reservations I am seeing with or without offer. Some menus I am not able to read, etc, so I have been making all reservations no offer. However, if there is a daily special would we still be able to order that? I am not sure difference of offer/ no offer.

Second, Best Chocolates to indulge in Zurich area? Will they travel well home?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2018 at 14:34:23 #890249

Can you post a link to the restaurant where it says with/with offer?

Sprüngli is good and easy to find for chocolate gifts etc.

Cafe Schober is my favourite cafe/bakery in Zurich.

Teuscher is good as is Max Chocolatier

autumnz
    Participant
    81 posts
    6 July 2018 at 10:54:10 #890250

Looking back, those reservations were made with The Fork so I don’t think it has any serious meaning.

How much does the good chocolate cost 5chf a piece?

Thank you for all your help as we prepare to leave in 2 weeks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2018 at 16:22:41 #890251

Yes, 5-10chf per piece….small boxes can go up in price as high as you like really.

You can good, relatively cheap, chocolate at grocery stores as well: Migros and Coop.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    7 July 2018 at 23:17:19 #890252

Hi Lucas-

<<“Yes, 5-10chf per piece….small boxes can go up in price as high as you like really.”>>

I’m not sure what that means, exactly.

If I buy a box of Sprüngli chocolates in Zürich (not at the airport…pricing/package contents are rigged to screw the tourists with leftover CHF in their pockets) I think I pay between 1 and 2 CHF per piece in the box.

I also buy individual “truffes” to make up a small box.

Frankly, price is not an object for me in that minimal case, but I’m still recalling closer to 1 or a couple of CHF per piece.

Please help me by checking a store…or have you moved out of Zürich by now?

A note for AutumNZ-

The Sprüngli store at Paeradeplatz in Zürich is the “home” store.

The one in Shopville under Zürich main station is large enough to be very good as well. it is open on weekends/Sundays.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2018 at 8:12:42 #890253

I just meant that you can buy pieces of chocolate for 5-10chf if one wants. Boxes of chocolate can get very expensive but I was referring to the entire box of chocolate, not the per piece price. 🙂

Yes, sadly I am not in Zurich anymore – I am currently living in Berlin. Quite a different style here. 🙂

I am planning a trip back to Switzerland (Zurich and the Jungfrau region) in the next week or 2 though!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    8 July 2018 at 9:06:11 #890254

<<“I just meant that you can buy pieces of chocolate for 5-10chf if one wants. “>>

Now I realize that your comment might apply quite literally to a piece from a large flat sheet of chocolate, which would be sold by weight.

I see them all the time at a store ( possibly a Läderach store) when I walk by it on the Bahnhofstrasse.

Slowpoke.

PS- I misspelled “Paradeplatz.’ Oops.

• The thread ‘“Restaurant reservation without offer” means what?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.