Itinerary help for 6 Days in Bernese Oberland

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Pradyumna
Pradyumna
2 posts
Mar 27, 2017 - 10:47 AM

Hi,

I am keen to receive your suggestions on my following itinerary for Swiss visit 30th May to 4th June.

30th May – Paris to Interlaken: Will start in the morning and planning to take Train from Paris CDG – Geneva and from Geneva to Interlaken.

31st May – Tour Jungfraujoch and Murren-Schilthorn: Route I thought is as follows

Interlaken Ost - Zweilütschinen - Lauterbrunnen

Lauterbrunnen - Grütschalp - Murren - Schilthorn

Back by: Schilthorn – Murren – Grütschalp - Lauterbrunnen

Lauterbrunnen - Wengen - Kleine Scheidegg – Jungfraujoch

Back by: Jungfraujoch to Kleine Scheidegg - Grindelwald – Wilderswil - Interaken Ost

Can I cover the same in a better route? / better way?

1st June – Morning: Boat-ride in Lake Thun / Lake Brienz

– Afternoon: Transfer to Lucerne (Can I take a Goldenpass train? Is it worth?)

2nd June – Boatride to Flüelen and take a Train back to Lucerne.

Stop at Vitznau to go to My Rigi. Vitznau – Rigi Klum – Wegis. And continue journey to Fluelen from Wegis.

In a ticket can I do this? Get down in between a journey and take later vessel, even from a different port?

What is the best route to return if a take a train back from Fluelen to Lucerne?

3rd June – Still undecided. Planning for Stanserhorn / Pilatus / both / anything better & different to do

Please suggest here.

4th June – Transfer to Milan from Lucerne.

Should I take a Rail pass, if yes then which one do you suggest? Also please advise, which part of the trip will not be fully covered under the pass and what extra should I incur?

Thanks a lot in advance for your kind help.

rajikadinesh
rajikadinesh
87 posts
Mar 27, 2017 - 4:09 PM in reply to Pradyumna

are you planing to see geneva or you just want to go to geneva to catch train to interlaken

Lucas
Lucas
9632 posts
expert &
Mar 27, 2017 - 4:40 PM in reply to Pradyumna

Hi Pradyumna and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Your itinerary looks great and well-thought out!

June 1 - Interlaken to Luzern is a part of the Golden Pass route but it is the standard route everyone takes as well.

June 2 - Getting to Rigi has several options which can be read about here. If you return via Weggis you can take a bus then train back to Luzern (local German spelling) check schedules here.

June 3- Have a look at the activities you can do around Luzern here. Mt. Pilatus or Mt. Titlis are quite popular.

The best pass for you is the Swiss Travel Pass for sure. You can read through what is and isn't covered on the pass here.

Best regards,
Lucas

Pradyumna
Pradyumna
2 posts
Mar 28, 2017 - 7:31 AM in reply to rajikadinesh

Hi Rajikadinesh,

No I am not planning to See Geneva. I will catch train to Interlaken.

:)

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018