Rhine falls – boats not running in November?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 September 2017 at 14:31:51 #813374

Hi

I will be in Zurich in 10-14 Nov. I read that The boat trip is not available for Rhine falls in November, is it still worth a visit? How can I best enjoy the Rhine falls without the boat trip?

thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 September 2017 at 6:41:29 #870296

Hi Crystal3,

While I’m not personally a huge fan of the RheinFalls, I think the lack of boat access is ok. I didn’t use the boats when I was there except to go from one side of the river to the other.

If you go I would take the train to Schloss Laufen (train stop “Schloss Laufen am Rheinfall”). That to me is the more interesting side – although the other side (train stop “Neuhausen Rheinfall”) offers better views if you are looking for good pictures.

Lucas

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    28 September 2017 at 7:00:28 #870297

Hi Crystal,

What Lucas said . . . plus you don’t need a boat to get to “the other side”. You can take train to Schloss Laufen am Rheinfall have look around on that side then walk over the bridge to explore the other side (you get a completely different view of the falls) then catch train from Neuhausen Rheinfall back to Zurich

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 October 2017 at 8:49:39 #870298

Hi thanks for the info, can I start from neuhauseen and then walk to the scholoss side?

thanks !

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    7 October 2017 at 9:53:48 #870299

You can walk in either direction.

• The thread ‘Rhine falls – boats not running in November?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.