Rhine Falls options with Swiss Travel Pass

• JudyWong
    Participant
    24 posts
    24 May 2017 at 1:56:48 #811950

Hi there

Train Ride

We intend to visit Rhine Falls from Zurich with our Swiss Travel Pass which I believe will give us free train ride. Understand there are 2 train route we could opt to –

1. Zurich HB to Neuhausen Rheinfall – to the north of the falls; OR

2. Zurich HB to Schloss Laufen am Rheinfall – to the south (crossing the river).

The one via Schloss Laufen am Rheinfall requires 1 change while the one via Neuhausen Rheinfall doesn’t require any change. The earlier would require a little more traveling time. Which route would you advice, based on our unfamiliarity and scenary etc?

Boat Ride

From a previous forum (which has since been closed), we could use our Swiss Travel Pass for the boats as long as they’re operated by the URH (Schweizerische Schifffahrtsgesellschaft Untersee und Rhein). How do we identify them? Understand there might be German boats too but they’re not covered. Would the Swiss Half Fare Card applies for the boat ride by URH too?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2017 at 9:39:51 #863802

Hi Judy,

I think both routes are quite similar. When I went I traveled to Neuhausen, walked around and left from Schloss Laufen am Rheinfall to come back to Zurich.

The boat trips (with URH: Schweizerische Schifffahrtsgesellschaft Untersee und Rhein) are cruises to/from Schaffhausen along the Rhein and Untersee to Constance…they don’t travel all the way to the RheinFall (very close). You can read more about them here.

Both the trains and boats mentioned above are covered by your Swiss Travel Pass.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Rhine Falls options with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.