Rhine gorge

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 April 2010 at 4:00:52 #803754

I just found out that our glacier express trip passes the rhine gorge, I was absolutely stunned when I looked at a few pictures! we’ll stay overnight in Reichenau tamins, can anyone tell me if it is possible to make some hikes over there?
    would the routes be difficult and dangerous? I can hardly imagine that there are safe paths on those steep rock walls, but if a short hike would be possible I would love to do that.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    5 April 2010 at 9:54:53 #831048

Dear Alessandra, it’s possible to take short hikes in the Rhine Gorge. You could get out at railway station Versam-Safien and follow a gentle, easy path along the river. You’re litterally within the gorge there, which is beautiful. Longer hiking routes are available as well, partly on the slopes along the gorge and offering views downwards. Tips are available at the Rhine Gorge website.

• The thread ‘Rhine gorge’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.