When to buy flight tickets to Switzerland?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2019 at 21:37:59 #823910

Hello forum members:

We ll be traveling to UK in late March 2020. Upon arrival we will spend one day in London and will fly to Zurich the next day for 5 days stay. I was wondering if I should book air tickets (return tickets from US to UK and then UK to Zurich) now or should I wait until Dec/Jan time frame? Do you think if I wait then prices might go up. Spring break in US starts on March 28th.

Also for booking air tickets from UK to Zurich are their any low budget airlines that I should check out before purchasing the tickets. As always thanks for all the help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2019 at 22:52:20 #922386

Easyjet is the best low price airline for UK – Switzerland. They fly from London to all the three main Swiss airports: Basel, Geneva and Zurich(I do all 3 quite regularly)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 September 2019 at 8:26:25 #922387

Hi Pure,

I am not sure about the flight tickets when is better to buy them, maybe other travelers know this better. You can use easyjet, as 1960man recommended you and also have a look at http://www.myswissalps.com/tr avel/toswitzerland/pla ne/tickets.

Browse this page to get more practical information about traveling to Switzerland by plane: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr avel/toswitzerland/pla ne.

See also: http://www.myswissalps.com/co 2compensation 🙂

JaneEB
    Participant
    219 posts
    19 September 2019 at 10:02:58 #922388

Hi Pure

We always fly with Easyjet to Switzerland. They have released their flight tickets for flights between 29th March and the end of August 2020 today and they are supposed to be super cheap if you book early. However, I have looked at flights to Austria and Denmark and they look similar to their usual prices. £34 to Copenhagen and about £40 to £50 to Innsbruck.

Have not looked at Swiss destinations fares as we are not planning to go there until 2021 when the new cableway will be open to Eigerglecher.

Hope this is of help.

Jane

Nwenning1
    Participant
    23 posts
    19 September 2019 at 12:03:13 #922389

I use Skyscanner and Momondo to track flights and get notices. I would wait a bit longer to purchase tickets unless that is Spring Break in the US.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 September 2019 at 15:13:28 #922390

Thanks all …

• The thread ‘When to buy flight tickets to Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.