Road trip advice: 28 March Germany/Zurich/Como

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 January 2019 at 2:45:32 #819573

I will be renting a car in Germany and driving from Sindelfingen to Lake Como on 28 March. I’m sticking with what I think are major autobahn routes, thanks to viamichelin.com. (A4 through Zurich to A2) I understand that we need to purchase a vignette, and I have requested snow tires for the rental car.

• I am making the assumption that these highways will be open, as long as there aren’t any major snowstorms. Other than tunnels, we should be on normal divided highways, I think.
    • We will be driving all the way through to Lake Como, with only breaks for safety and will switch drivers every few hours.
    • After 5 days we’ll drive up to Davos (A2 to A13) for two days, than back north to Germany

Have I missed anything? Is there something obvious to the experienced Switzerland traveler that I haven’t’ planned for? Any advice would be appreciated!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    22 January 2019 at 6:40:03 #902606

Hi Dtstreeter, welcome to MySwissAlps!

You’re well prepared I think. Indeed you will need the motorway vignette: http://www.myswissalps.com/mo torwayvignette. Note that it’s not all major highway to Davos. It’s a normal two lane curvy road from Thusis to Davos. It should all be open unless the weather is really extreme. Same thing for about an hour to reach the A13 again when you’re going back to Germany.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 January 2019 at 2:46:29 #902607

Thank you very much, Arno!

-d

• The thread ‘Road trip advice: 28 March Germany/Zurich/Como’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.