Round Trip – Mt.Rigi & Mt. Pilatus

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2015 at 15:53:26 #806986

Hi,
    We would like to do the majestic round trip to Mt Rigi during our visit next month, but it is not clear from the website if the round trip is available in April first week.

Also, we want to do the Golden round trip to Mt. Pilatus again not sure if its available in first week of April :(, can some one provide me the information on these two round trips ? Also I will be having 4 days swiss pass should I purchase additional tickets for these?

Should I pre book the tickets for Mt Titlis cable car ride? the website just provides the prices no information about booking online http://www.titlis.ch/en/tickets/cable-car-ride

~Many thanks,
    Santhosh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 March 2015 at 17:49:25 #842048

Hi Santhosh,

The Rigi Majestic Round Trip is available in April too. The trains and boats can be found in the timetable. If you prefer a separate boat timetable, you can find that link on our Lake Lucerne page. The while trip is fee with your Swiss Travel Pass, please see the map for details.

The Pilatus Golden Round Trip won’t be available until May, because that’s when the cogwheel train from Alpnachstad opens for the season. You can visit the Pilatus using the cable car, which is 50% discounted with the Swiss Travel Pass. The bus to the cable car station is free with the pass.

There is no need to book in advance for any of these trips.

Enjoy these peaks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2015 at 22:16:38 #842049

Many thanks .

• The thread ‘Round Trip – Mt.Rigi & Mt. Pilatus’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.