Sad news about our forum member Maggie Horswell

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    22 January 2021 at 9:38:00 #934603

These times are very difficult and hard. I’d like to offer my sincere condolences to Mike. I’ll remember Maggie as a true Switzerland lover who enjoyed your long holidays as well as writing about it in detail.

Wishing you great strength Mike!

Mark
    Participant
    794 posts
    22 January 2021 at 13:36:48 #934604

Yes, sad to hear this news. She was always generous with her knowledge and experiences in Switzerland which were exceptional. Her comments were always positive and her input will be missed.

Mark

hockeyfan
    Participant
    162 posts
    22 January 2021 at 13:57:49 #934605

So sorry for the family’s loss and ours. I truely enjoyed Maggie’s reviews and comments about her trips.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    22 January 2021 at 17:02:54 #934606

Hard to say more or better than those comments. Maggie was missed as she was ill, and will always be remebered for her thoughtful perspectives…even about places in addition to Thun. Such as the Emmental. 😉

Slowpoke.

Hudspith
    Participant
    71 posts
    22 January 2021 at 21:41:10 #934607

Sad news, Annika, thank you for letting our forum know. Maggie’s outlook on Switzerland was a joy to read about and a great help to appreciate some other sides of the country. My thoughts are with her family at this time.

mestettler
    Participant
    27 posts
    23 January 2021 at 2:58:51 #934608

I am sorry to hear of Maggie’s passing. My thoughts and prayers are with her family, friends, myswissalps community.

Lmyuen88
    Participant
    42 posts
    23 January 2021 at 15:49:47 #934609

I’m so sorry about the loss to your wonderful team. My prayers are with her family and friends. 😢

Danielsan
    Participant
    628 posts
    23 January 2021 at 21:18:31 #934610

Hello Annika. Thank you for passing along the sad news to the forum folks. Sad news, yes, but fortunately, so many folks were able to take part in some aspects of celebrating her life through this forum. I thank you and Arno for that opportunity. I also want to extend to Mike, and his entire family my deepest and most sincere condolences.

It was very touching to me reading her response to my final trip report back in 2018. The following is only part of what she wrote: ”Having had to miss out on our planned trip this year because of illness it has cheered me to read of someone else’s happy experiences so thank you for that! I hope you manage to return and do some of the things you hadn’t time for. As you say so many choices to make, so many options! We have been to Switzerland every year since 2001 and there are still some places on our “must do next time” list!

Thank you again

Maggie”

It was touching then, and is even more so now, knowing that unfortunately she (and Mike) never did get back there. (that I know of.) Rest in peace, Maggie.

Danielsan

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    24 January 2021 at 10:14:24 #934611

Our thoughts are with Mike. We are sure there will be a Thun in heaven…

lkdf62
    Participant
    41 posts
    25 January 2021 at 14:27:55 #934612

“No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend’s or of thine own were: any man’s death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.”
    ― John Donne, No man is an island – A selection from the prose

andrew
    Participant
    146 posts
    28 January 2021 at 13:39:03 #934613

Thank you so much Arno and Annika for passing on the very sad news about Maggie Horswell. For most of the last 30 years we have had summer holidays based in Spiez (not far from Thun), so Maggie’s entertaining and helpful posts were a joy as well as forming the basis of many of our trips. Thank you Maggie. R.I.P.

Andrew

Minnie
    Participant
    35 posts
    4 February 2021 at 13:45:14 #934614

This is very sad news indeed. Maggie will be fondly remembered and sorely missed. Heartfelt sympathy to her friends and family from one who only knew her through her wonderful trip reports.

Minnie.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2021 at 7:05:52 #934602

A very interesting topic that I have been looking at, I think this is one of the most important pieces of information for me. And I’m glad to read your article. Thanks for sharing! fireboyand-watergirl.com

• The thread ‘Sad news about our forum member Maggie Horswell’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.