Safe parasailing over glaciers in Switzerland

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

pvonk
    Participant
    382 posts
    24 June 2019 at 0:52:51 #915931

I’m afraid your link is not mobile friendly. The video can’t be played on my iPhone.

JaneEB
    Participant
    219 posts
    24 June 2019 at 6:26:35 #915932

The link works on my android phone.

Looks very exciting, but not for me at my age!

Jane

AlanPrice
    Participant
    279 posts
    24 June 2019 at 21:38:06 #915933

Wow! Technically, this video is Speed Riding which is different from Paragliding. Parasailing is different again – that’s where you get towed behind a boat.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2019 at 5:03:38 #915934

Hello AlanPrice,

Well there’s someone who knows his business! 🙂

I was wondering as I never heard the word paraSAILING. So I see there’s lots I’ve never heard of. Not that I would do it myself… 😉

Steph 🙂

AlanPrice
    Participant
    279 posts
    25 June 2019 at 6:04:45 #915935

Oh, there was a time I would have travelled the world to do this, but those days are long gone. The video was shot in Chamonix ( I think). I’ve flown from the other side of the valley. A great place to paraglide!

• The thread ‘Safe parasailing over glaciers in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.