Riding the Salon Rouge to Brienzer Rothorn

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2017 at 6:49:07 #812638

Hi,

I’m interested in riding on Salon Rouge Brienz Rothorn, seem to me that the one who want to use this service have to buy all of seats on the train,am I right? Or they provide service for individual as well? Kindly suggest thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Surasak.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2017 at 8:11:51 #866913

Hi Surasak,

The way I understand it from the information on the website is that usually the whole carriage is chartered for a group, but that on 9 specified days of the year, individuals can also travel in the Salon Rouge. Those days are specified at:

brienz-rothorn-bahn.ch/salon-rouge/?lang=en

It is an all-inclusive package of travel plus food and drink, costing CHF 250 per passenger, and only operates if they have at least 14 bookings. Reservations are obligatory.

Those additional details are on a different website, only in German as far as I can tell:

http://www.salon-rouge.ch/salon-rouge/die-oeffentlichen-fahrten.html

Alpenrose

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    17 July 2017 at 1:43:24 #866914

Hi Surasak-

Do need to go on that special service?

The regular trains are terrific….

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2017 at 3:06:26 #866915

Thank very much to both of you for valuable information.

Best Regards,

Surasak.

• The thread ‘Riding the Salon Rouge to Brienzer Rothorn’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.