Salzburg to Wörschach Austria transfer at night

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Meera2307
Meera2307
16 posts
Sep 6, 2019 - 2:50 AM

Atlast we have booked our teain tickets from st gallen to salzburg to reach salzburg at 21.17 on 16 September. Now our host is in worschach and we need to reach liezen/seinach irdning/selzthal from where our host can pick us up. We are two of us. Now the issue is i am not getting any transport from salzburg to any of these four places. Please help. If no train or bus, taxi/cab available at reasonable cost? Do i need to book in advance?

Arno
Arno
13981 posts
expert &
Sep 6, 2019 - 6:51 AM

Hi Meera,

Can you please double check the town names? Apart from St. Gallen, none of the places you mentioned are in Switzerland as far as I know. Please give us the exact town names. Apart from that, you can find all public transport in the timetable if you use the correct spelling: www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

Meera2307
Meera2307
16 posts
Sep 6, 2019 - 7:07 AM

Of course other than st gallen, all other places mentioned are in Austria. We are traveling to salzburg from st gallen (please see attachment). On reaching salzburg we need to proceed to worschach where my host is. Nearby places from where she can pick us up is seinach irdning, liezen, selzthal. hope i am clear.

Can i change my tickets to an earlier train?

Arno
Arno
13981 posts
expert &
Sep 6, 2019 - 2:47 PM in reply to Meera2307

Hi Meera,

MySwissAlps is about Switzerland only. Apart from the long distance train out of Switzerland to Austria, further details about Austria are beyond the scope of this website unfortunately.

Whether you can change your tickets depends on the ticket conditions. It might be for a fixed train only, it may or may not allow cancellation or adjustments. The ticket should have this information on it.

JaneEB
JaneEB
84 posts
Sep 6, 2019 - 2:56 PM

Hi Meera2307

This forum is for tourists visiting Switzerland, not Austria.

You need to book trains through ÖBB, Austria’s national railway system www.oebb.at/en/ or through The Trainline website.

We regularly visit Austria and I have looked at the timetables from Salzburg to the places you mention. They are a long way away from Salzburg, the closest is 2.5 hours and the furthest away is about 4 hours by train. There are infrequent trains during the night and I am sure your host will not want to make the journey to collect you from any of the stations in the early hours of the morning.

It will be a very long day. The train journey from St Gallen to Salzburg takes approximately 7 hours. I suggest you stay overnight in Salzburg and make the journey to Wörschach the next day. Salzburg is a lovely city, my favourite city in Austria. We find the Austrian trains almost as reliable as the Swiss trains.

Hope this is of help.

Jane

Meera2307
Meera2307
16 posts
Sep 6, 2019 - 3:48 PM in reply to JaneEB

Yes dear Jane, it is of help and we decided similaly too

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019