Saver Day Pass – specific route to follow?

• ananas
    Participant
    2 posts
    26 January 2018 at 20:25:51 #814159

I purchased a Saver Day Pass via SBB mobile app for one day in February as I am going to travel from Interlaken to Sargans on that day. The only way to buy the pass (as far as I could see) was to select an itinerary and then select the option Saver Day Pass. Now when I view the Pass saved in the app, it shows the itinerary Interlaken – Bern – Zurich – Sargans. Does this mean I am obliged to travel via Bern, or can I travel via Luzern in case I decide to take a that route? I thought I would be able to use the pass during one day on any route I choose in the area of its validity and without having to specify the route beforehand.

The Swiss railway ticket system is by far the most complicated one I have ever experienced so I’m getting a little paranoid whether I have perhaps misunderstood something.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 January 2018 at 22:08:53 #875208

Hello ananas and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

A Saver Day Pass does not require an itinerary. Did your purchase process look like attached. You find it under Day Travelpasses Switzerland. Ignore price.

Are you sure you didn’t buy a Supersaver Ticket?

ananas
    Participant
    2 posts
    26 January 2018 at 22:57:43 #875209

Thank you for your reply, rockoyster. Yes, it is not a Supersaver Ticket and I did first select an itinerary and then the Saver Day Pass option (52 CHF). I’m new with the app and did not realise (until I saw the attachment) that you need to swipe left to get to the section where the Day Travelpasses are available… thanks for showing that. I also realised that when I added the pass to my iPhone wallet it does not show any itinerary there, just that it’s a Saver Day Pass and the day it’s valid. So looks like I bought the right ticket after all. Thanks again for your help.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 January 2018 at 23:25:52 #875210

Great! You got the best price. I didn’t realise that if you put in an itinerary you would be offered a Saver Day Pass as part of that purchase process.

• The thread ‘Saver Day Pass – specific route to follow?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.