Saver Day Pass - specific route to follow?

Saver Day Pass - specific route to follow?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ananas
ananas
2 posts
Jan 26, 2018 - 8:25 PM

I purchased a Saver Day Pass via SBB mobile app for one day in February as I am going to travel from Interlaken to Sargans on that day. The only way to buy the pass (as far as I could see) was to select an itinerary and then select the option Saver Day Pass. Now when I view the Pass saved in the app, it shows the itinerary Interlaken - Bern - Zurich - Sargans. Does this mean I am obliged to travel via Bern, or can I travel via Luzern in case I decide to take a that route? I thought I would be able to use the pass during one day on any route I choose in the area of its validity and without having to specify the route beforehand.

The Swiss railway ticket system is by far the most complicated one I have ever experienced so I'm getting a little paranoid whether I have perhaps misunderstood something.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3701 posts
expert
Jan 26, 2018 - 10:08 PM in reply to ananas

Hello ananas and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

A Saver Day Pass does not require an itinerary. Did your purchase process look like attached. You find it under Day Travelpasses Switzerland. Ignore price.

Are you sure you didn’t buy a Supersaver Ticket?

Please login to see the attached documents
ananas
ananas
2 posts
Jan 26, 2018 - 10:57 PM in reply to rockoyster

Thank you for your reply, rockoyster. Yes, it is not a Supersaver Ticket and I did first select an itinerary and then the Saver Day Pass option (52 CHF). I'm new with the app and did not realise (until I saw the attachment) that you need to swipe left to get to the section where the Day Travelpasses are available... thanks for showing that. I also realised that when I added the pass to my iPhone wallet it does not show any itinerary there, just that it's a Saver Day Pass and the day it's valid. So looks like I bought the right ticket after all. Thanks again for your help.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3701 posts
expert
Jan 26, 2018 - 11:25 PM in reply to ananas

Great! You got the best price. I didn't realise that if you put in an itinerary you would be offered a Saver Day Pass as part of that purchase process.

Last modified on Jan 26, 2018 - 11:27 PM by rockoyster

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018