Saver Day Pass - specific route to follow?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ananas
ananas
2 posts
Jan 26, 2018 - 8:25 PM

I purchased a Saver Day Pass via SBB mobile app for one day in February as I am going to travel from Interlaken to Sargans on that day. The only way to buy the pass (as far as I could see) was to select an itinerary and then select the option Saver Day Pass. Now when I view the Pass saved in the app, it shows the itinerary Interlaken - Bern - Zurich - Sargans. Does this mean I am obliged to travel via Bern, or can I travel via Luzern in case I decide to take a that route? I thought I would be able to use the pass during one day on any route I choose in the area of its validity and without having to specify the route beforehand.

The Swiss railway ticket system is by far the most complicated one I have ever experienced so I'm getting a little paranoid whether I have perhaps misunderstood something.

rockoyster
rockoyster
4570 posts
expert
Jan 26, 2018 - 10:08 PM in reply to ananas

Hello ananas and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

A Saver Day Pass does not require an itinerary. Did your purchase process look like attached. You find it under Day Travelpasses Switzerland. Ignore price.

Are you sure you didn’t buy a Supersaver Ticket?

Please login to see the attached documents
ananas
ananas
2 posts
Jan 26, 2018 - 10:57 PM in reply to rockoyster

Thank you for your reply, rockoyster. Yes, it is not a Supersaver Ticket and I did first select an itinerary and then the Saver Day Pass option (52 CHF). I'm new with the app and did not realise (until I saw the attachment) that you need to swipe left to get to the section where the Day Travelpasses are available... thanks for showing that. I also realised that when I added the pass to my iPhone wallet it does not show any itinerary there, just that it's a Saver Day Pass and the day it's valid. So looks like I bought the right ticket after all. Thanks again for your help.

rockoyster
rockoyster
4570 posts
expert
Jan 26, 2018 - 11:25 PM in reply to ananas

Great! You got the best price. I didn't realise that if you put in an itinerary you would be offered a Saver Day Pass as part of that purchase process.

Last modified on Jan 26, 2018 - 11:27 PM by rockoyster

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019