Ticket for 5th day after 4-day Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2018 at 2:30:47 #816127

Hi Team,

I have couple of queries regarding swiss train travel.

1. We have a plan to visit Switzerland from 08th June to 12th June.We have already booked a 4 days Swiss pass for the same. For the fifth day, our plan is to start journey from chur and visit Rhine falls and take flight from Zurich to London.

We are 2 adults and one 3.5 years kid. So what should be the best pass to buy for a day?

While checking, the first thing came to my mind is saver day pass, but in saver day pass kid is not free. So bit confused.

Or should i go for point to point ticket?

Please suggest.

2. During the trip do we have to buy family card for my kid separately for 4 day swiss pass.

3. Do i have to do reservations for golden pass panoramic train between luzerne to interlaken? If yes how to do with swiss pass.

4. During the trip we have plan to visit Jungfrau from interlaken. Do we have to do any train reservations for this route also?

Cheers..

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    21 May 2018 at 3:55:43 #885923

1. Children under 6 always travel free. No further pass or ticket required for them. A Saver Day pass could work for you. That’s just a guess as I haven’t checked the point to point ticket prices.

2. The Swiss Family Card is free with the Swiss Travel Pass but see (1) above.

3. You don’t really need reservations but if you feel like making one you can do so at bit.ly/2HHB2Ev.

4. No. You will need to buy a 25% discounted ticket for the section from Grindewald or Wengen. It is possible to reserve seats from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch but probably not necessary at that time of year. Read more at bit.ly/2JQKKSh.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2018 at 21:15:19 #885924

Thanks for the valuable information.

One more question.

On our last day i.e 5th day of our trip, we have plan to start journey from chur around 08:00 A:M and we will visit Rhine falls and take a 7:00 P:M flight from Zurich.

Today i heard about 9 o’clock pass (all zones), ZVV tickets valid from zurich to rhine falls trip in 26CHF. So shall i go for a point to point ticket from chur to Zurich HB and buy a 9 o’ clock pass to continue rest of the day’s journey.

Or i will go with saver day pass. (hope it covers the zurich to rhine falls route)

Which one will be the best option?

Whether with saver day pass will the Rhine falls entry will be free?

Also please suggest any other place post Rhine falls visit which can be covered during the rest of the day time we have.

Many thanks

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    22 May 2018 at 21:28:54 #885925

I can’t say which combination of tickets would be best for your day 5 without doing the math. The Saver Day Pass would certainly cover everywhere you have planned. I think you would need an all-day all-zone ZVV Pass to reach Schloss Laufen. See http://www.zvv.ch/zvv/en/trav elcards-and-tickets/tickets/daypas s.html and http://www.zvv.ch/content/dam /zvv/abos-und-tickets/zonen/tarifzon en_d_e_17_rgb.pdf.

There is no entry fee for Rhine Falls. There are charges for the boat trips and Schloss Laufen. None of these activities are covered by any Pass.

Stein am Rhein is often mentioned as an add on for a trip to Rhine Falls. That would rule out the ZVV Pass if it wasn’t already.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2018 at 1:44:50 #885926

Thank you for the valuable information.

Cheers

• The thread ‘Ticket for 5th day after 4-day Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.