Saver Day Pass and Companion card questions

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Khoimai
Khoimai
7 posts
Apr 6, 2018 - 11:28 PM

Hello all,

I'd like to thank everyone for the wisdom and guidance provided here.

I just bought a Saver Day Pass for myself and companion through SBB. My Pass was 59 and companions was 29.

From what I've read, I do not need a Half fare card to go with these SDP, does that sound right? We should be good to go when the conductor comes around and we show the SDP from our mobile devices correct?

rockoyster
rockoyster
4022 posts
expert
Apr 7, 2018 - 5:34 AM in reply to Khoimai

Hello Khoimai and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

You don't say 59 and 29 in what currency.

The cheapest SDP is CHF52. A Companion Ticket costs CHF38.

You don't need a Swiss Half Fare Card unless you are expecting the SDP to cover any routes which are normally only partially discounted with the Swiss Travel Pass. i.e. Not shown as free on the Area of Validity map ( PDF downloadable from www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity).

You should be good to go with your mobile phone. My only concern is your pricing of the Companion Ticket. CHF29 just happens to be the price of the cheapest SDP bought with a Half-fare Card.

Last modified on Apr 7, 2018 - 5:35 AM by rockoyster
Khoimai
Khoimai
7 posts
Apr 7, 2018 - 12:23 PM

CHF59 and CHF29.

What I find interesting is that my ticket shows as: 2. Class, Full fare. No concerns there.

My Co-traveler's shows as: 2. Class Reduced fare 1/2. That is where I am concerned.

I am thinking to create an account on SBB for my Co-traveler, and paying Full fare for the SDP. Adding a Co-traveler on SBB gives me no other option but the "Reduced fare 1/2" even when I deselect myself. Interesting.

Lucas
Lucas
9609 posts
expert &
Apr 7, 2018 - 2:00 PM in reply to Khoimai

The Companion ticket (not Companion Card, that is different) is 38chf: https://www.sbb.ch/en/ travelcards-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/1-day-travelpass/companion-ticket.html

Are you sure that is what you have? Or the Saver Day Pass for holders of the Swiss Half Fare Card (29chf)?

Last modified on Apr 7, 2018 - 4:27 PM by Annika

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018