Saver Day Pass and Companion card questions

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 April 2018 at 23:28:56 #815184

Hello all,

I’d like to thank everyone for the wisdom and guidance provided here.

I just bought a Saver Day Pass for myself and companion through SBB. My Pass was 59 and companions was 29.

From what I’ve read, I do not need a Half fare card to go with these SDP, does that sound right? We should be good to go when the conductor comes around and we show the SDP from our mobile devices correct?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    7 April 2018 at 5:34:57 #881275

Hello Khoimai and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

You don’t say 59 and 29 in what currency.

The cheapest SDP is CHF52. A Companion Ticket costs CHF38.

You don’t need a Swiss Half Fare Card unless you are expecting the SDP to cover any routes which are normally only partially discounted with the Swiss Travel Pass. i.e. Not shown as free on the Area of Validity map ( PDF downloadable from http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity).

You should be good to go with your mobile phone. My only concern is your pricing of the Companion Ticket. CHF29 just happens to be the price of the cheapest SDP bought with a Half-fare Card.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2018 at 12:23:41 #881276

CHF59 and CHF29.

What I find interesting is that my ticket shows as: 2. Class, Full fare. No concerns there.

My Co-traveler’s shows as: 2. Class Reduced fare 1/2. That is where I am concerned.

I am thinking to create an account on SBB for my Co-traveler, and paying Full fare for the SDP. Adding a Co-traveler on SBB gives me no other option but the “Reduced fare 1/2” even when I deselect myself. Interesting.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2018 at 14:00:49 #881277

The Companion ticket (not Companion Card, that is different) is 38chf: https://www.sbb.ch/en/ travelcards-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/1-day-travelpass/companion-ticket.html

Are you sure that is what you have? Or the Saver Day Pass for holders of the Swiss Half Fare Card (29chf)?

• The thread ‘Saver Day Pass and Companion card questions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.