About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Saver Day Pass for Glacier Express
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Saver Day Pass for Glacier Express

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sonali2020
Sonali2020
3 posts
Sep 24, 2020 - 6:35 AM

I have found one saver day pass for Glacier Express and it's around 50CHF. If I will buy that, then may I need to have any other train pass like - Half Card or Swiss travel pass for riding that train for a fixed day.

Also I need to know that if I will purchase Saver day pass then How Do I reserve the seat for the same?

Thank in advance.

Ildiko
Ildiko
1023 posts
top member &
Sep 24, 2020 - 8:45 AM in reply to Sonali2020

Hi Sonali2020,

here are your options, in every case you need to get the seat reservation separately:

• If you can use the Saver Day Pass on the Glacier Express, you do not need any extra passes, just the seat reservation. BUT, you can get the Saver Day Pass for a discounted price, if you also have a Swiss Half Fare Card. I've attached a picture as an example for you (from HappyRail).
  • If you have a valid Swiss Travel Pass then you do not need any other pass for the Glacier Express, but you still need to reserve your seat.

You can reserve your seat via www.myswissalps.com/glacierexpress/tickets.

In case you are unsure which option is the best for you - Saver Day Pass or Saver Day Pass with Swiss Half Fare Card or Swiss Travel Pass - then I recommend using our calculation spreadsheet to compare your options: www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass.

Read more about these passes (make sure to check all the tabs):

Once you know which one you want, you can buy the passes here:

I hope this helps,

Ildiko

More information regarding the Glacier Express: www.myswissalps.com/glacierexpress

Last modified on Sep 24, 2020 - 8:47 AM by Ildiko
Please login to see the attached documents

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020