Saver Day Pass validity

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 3:30:48 #815623

In Aug’2018 I will be traveling from Salzburg to Lucern with Sparscheine ticket; so there is no need to use any Swiss travel pass at all as it work out cheaper than to travel with split ticket.

I will have 6 nights in Swiss & fly out from Geneva Airport: Lucern (1 night), Lauterbrunnen (2 nights), Murren (2 nights), Vevey (1 night)

In Swiss, thinking of travelling either (1) 4-Day STP plus SDP; or (2) HFC plus SDP.

Understand that Saver Day Pass works like 1-Day Travel Pass & Swiss Travel Pass but with some restrictions.

One of the restrictions stated in this URL http://www.myswissalps.com/on edaytravelpass/details is “Cable cars and mountains trains are not discounted if you do not have a Swiss Half Fare Card . You will need to buy full fare tickets”.

Part 1 – Are the following classified under “Cable cars and mountains trains”

(1) Lauterbrunnen -(train) Wengen

(2) Wengen -(lift)- Männlichen

(3) Kleine Scheidegg – (train) – Wengen

(4) Murren (Schilthornbahn) – Schilthorn (via Brig)

(5) funicula from Mürren (Allmendhubelbahn) to Allmendhubel (Standseilbahn)

(6) Lauterbrunnen – (cable) – Grütschalp – (cable) – Murren (via Grütschalp)

(7) Stechelberg – (cable) – Gimmelwald – (cable) – Murren (via Stechelberg, Gimmelwald)

Is bus travel FREE with SDP

(1) Lauterbrunnen – Stechelberg (Bus 141)

(2) Lauterbrunnen – Isenfluh (Bus 142)

Part 2 – Is lake boat (cruise) travel FREE with SDP

(1) Lake Luzern

(2) Lake Geneva (include return trip from Nyon to Yvoire on the France side of the lake)

Part 3 – Is train travel FREE with SDP

(1) Lauterbrunnen – Interlaken OST – (via Zweisimmen) – Vevey

(2) Montreux/Lausanne/Vevey – Geneva Airport

Part 4 – understand there is metro running around Lake Geneva area like along the vineyard villages & also from ferry wharf to train station. Is this covered by SDP or need a separate metro ticket or city specific pass?

Appreciate help with clarifying the above.

Thanks in advance. & sorry for the lengthy questions.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 9:08:42 #883639

Hi Annie tan,

Please download the validity map to see where the Saver Day Pass is valid. In general, trains and busses are for free.

I’m not aware of a metro running around Lake Geneva. I know that there’s a tourist train in the Lavaux vineyards that leaves from Lutry. It’s called the Lavaux Express: http://www.lavauxexpress.ch/e n/. This won’t be included in any pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 14:01:30 #883640

Hi Annie,

>> understand there is metro running around Lake Geneva area like along the vineyard villages & also from ferry wharf to train station. Is this covered by SDP or need a separate metro ticket or city specific pass?

Are you perhaps thinking of the Train des Vignes from Vevey to Puidoux-Chexbres? That is a local train (S-Bahn, line S7) and is covered by a Swiss Travel Pass or Saver Day Pass.

http://www.montreuxriviera.co m/en/P629/train-des-vignes-train-ride-vevey-puidoux

This train is affected by construction works for the period 7 July to 26 August 2018, and won’t be running. A bus replacement service will operate, calling in at all the same stations at which the train normally stops.

I think the scenery will be equally beautiful viewed from the bus, so I would still be inclined to do this trip by bus. It is very short – less than half-an-hour.

From Puidoux-Chexbres you can continue to Lausanne along an equally beautiful route (about 15 minutes). Bus replacement services are also running on this route for the same period, due to construction works.

If you are interested in seeing photos of these trips, you can see them attached to my post of May 19, 2017 – 4:32 AM on the following page:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/1-day-lausanne-and-vevey

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 16:44:50 #883641

Hi Chantal & Alpenrose666

(1) I came across somewhere where it says “Lausanne: from the dock to the rail station: 10 minutes by subway..”. So I reckon the “subway” being reference is the metro. Or is it “S-Bahn”? Basically, it is from the boat station to train station.

(2) Correct, I was referring to local train/bus that will go thro’ some scenic views around Puidoux-Chexbre & its villages.

Thanks for advising me on the construction work, and bus will be good to see the area too.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 17:17:26 #883642

Hi Annie,

1. That’s the metro in Lausanne. Nothing special.
    2. Alpenrose has given you the information you need.
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2018 at 9:39:02 #883643

All good now, Swiss itinerary nearly nailed down now.

Just need to get my travel pass.

Once again, Thanks Chantal & Alpenrose666,for all the responses.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2018 at 10:20:46 #883644

Happy travels Annie.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2018 at 3:57:21 #883645

>> Thanks Chantal & Alpenrose666,for all the responses.

You’re welcome – have a great trip!

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Saver Day Pass validity’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.