Saver Day Pass validity

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Annie tan
Annie tan
6 posts
Apr 30, 2018 - 3:30 AM

In Aug'2018 I will be traveling from Salzburg to Lucern with Sparscheine ticket; so there is no need to use any Swiss travel pass at all as it work out cheaper than to travel with split ticket.

I will have 6 nights in Swiss & fly out from Geneva Airport: Lucern (1 night), Lauterbrunnen (2 nights), Murren (2 nights), Vevey (1 night)

In Swiss, thinking of travelling either (1) 4-Day STP plus SDP; or (2) HFC plus SDP.

Understand that Saver Day Pass works like 1-Day Travel Pass & Swiss Travel Pass but with some restrictions.

One of the restrictions stated in this URL www.myswissalps.com/on edaytravelpass/details is "Cable cars and mountains trains are not discounted if you do not have a Swiss Half Fare Card . You will need to buy full fare tickets".

Part 1 - Are the following classified under "Cable cars and mountains trains"

(1) Lauterbrunnen -(train) Wengen

(2) Wengen -(lift)- Männlichen

(3) Kleine Scheidegg - (train) - Wengen

(4) Murren (Schilthornbahn) - Schilthorn (via Brig)

(5) funicula from Mürren (Allmendhubelbahn) to Allmendhubel (Standseilbahn)

(6) Lauterbrunnen - (cable) - Grütschalp - (cable) - Murren (via Grütschalp)

(7) Stechelberg - (cable) - Gimmelwald - (cable) - Murren (via Stechelberg, Gimmelwald)

Is bus travel FREE with SDP

(1) Lauterbrunnen - Stechelberg (Bus 141)

(2) Lauterbrunnen - Isenfluh (Bus 142)

Part 2 - Is lake boat (cruise) travel FREE with SDP

(1) Lake Luzern

(2) Lake Geneva (include return trip from Nyon to Yvoire on the France side of the lake)

Part 3 - Is train travel FREE with SDP

(1) Lauterbrunnen - Interlaken OST - (via Zweisimmen) - Vevey

(2) Montreux/Lausanne/Vevey - Geneva Airport

Part 4 - understand there is metro running around Lake Geneva area like along the vineyard villages & also from ferry wharf to train station. Is this covered by SDP or need a separate metro ticket or city specific pass?

Appreciate help with clarifying the above.

Thanks in advance. & sorry for the lengthy questions.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Apr 30, 2018 - 9:08 AM in reply to Annie tan

Hi Annie tan,

Please download the validity map to see where the Saver Day Pass is valid. In general, trains and busses are for free.

I'm not aware of a metro running around Lake Geneva. I know that there's a tourist train in the Lavaux vineyards that leaves from Lutry. It's called the Lavaux Express: www.lavauxexpress.ch/e n/. This won't be included in any pass.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 30, 2018 - 2:01 PM in reply to Annie tan

Hi Annie,

>> understand there is metro running around Lake Geneva area like along the vineyard villages & also from ferry wharf to train station. Is this covered by SDP or need a separate metro ticket or city specific pass?

Are you perhaps thinking of the Train des Vignes from Vevey to Puidoux-Chexbres? That is a local train (S-Bahn, line S7) and is covered by a Swiss Travel Pass or Saver Day Pass.

www.montreuxriviera.co m/en/P629/train-des-vignes-train-ride-vevey-puidoux

This train is affected by construction works for the period 7 July to 26 August 2018, and won't be running. A bus replacement service will operate, calling in at all the same stations at which the train normally stops.

I think the scenery will be equally beautiful viewed from the bus, so I would still be inclined to do this trip by bus. It is very short - less than half-an-hour.

From Puidoux-Chexbres you can continue to Lausanne along an equally beautiful route (about 15 minutes). Bus replacement services are also running on this route for the same period, due to construction works.

If you are interested in seeing photos of these trips, you can see them attached to my post of May 19, 2017 - 4:32 AM on the following page:

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/1-day-lausanne-and-vevey

Alpenrose

Last modified on Apr 30, 2018 - 2:07 PM by Removed user
Annie tan
Annie tan
6 posts
Apr 30, 2018 - 4:44 PM in reply to Removed user

Hi Chantal & Alpenrose666

(1) I came across somewhere where it says "Lausanne: from the dock to the rail station: 10 minutes by subway..". So I reckon the "subway" being reference is the metro. Or is it "S-Bahn"? Basically, it is from the boat station to train station.

(2) Correct, I was referring to local train/bus that will go thro' some scenic views around Puidoux-Chexbre & its villages.

Thanks for advising me on the construction work, and bus will be good to see the area too.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Apr 30, 2018 - 5:17 PM in reply to Annie tan

Hi Annie,

1. That's the metro in Lausanne. Nothing special.
  2. Alpenrose has given you the information you need.
Annie tan
Annie tan
6 posts
May 1, 2018 - 9:39 AM

All good now, Swiss itinerary nearly nailed down now.

Just need to get my travel pass.

Once again, Thanks Chantal & Alpenrose666,for all the responses.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
May 1, 2018 - 10:20 AM in reply to Annie tan

Happy travels Annie.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 2, 2018 - 3:57 AM in reply to Annie tan

>> Thanks Chantal & Alpenrose666,for all the responses.

You're welcome - have a great trip!

Alpenrose

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018