Saver Day Pass & Swiss Half Fare Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 April 2018 at 18:05:28 #815171

Here in the United States I have already purchased Swiss Half Fare Cards for each family member for this summer and are getting ready for train trip in Italy and Switzerland. My question is regarding Saver Day Pass and Swiss Half Fare Card . We have one long day train ride through Switzerland and the Saver Day Pass looks perfect to use for that day. First is the Saver Pass available for all travelers or just citizens of Switzerland? Also if we can use the Saver Day Pass along with the Swiss Half Fare Card to get an even bigger discount if I have both for that one day, right? I just have to purchase one for each family member for that day 30 days out to get the best discount and have both cards/passes available to show on the train that day. Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 April 2018 at 19:27:44 #881182

Hey RandMarg,

Yup, anyone can buy the Saver Day Pass and yes you get the discounts for the mountain trips that day if you have the Swiss Half Fare Card as well (the only mountain covered by the Saver Day Pass is Rigi).

Yes, everyone traveling needs their own Saver Day Pass and you’ll need to buy 29-30 days out to get the cheapest rates (29chf with the Swiss Half Fare Card).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2018 at 0:12:50 #881183

If you have children then you need Junior card. Family card does not go with Saver Day Pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2018 at 19:09:11 #881184

Thanks for the quick response. The Saver Pass will save us lots for the trip from Zermatt to Luzern.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2018 at 2:15:03 #881185

I’m having a bit of a problem with the map regarding what is covered. If I have both a saver pass and half card will I be able to just “board” the train for a day trip from Zermatt to Lucern either through Bern which is the shortest or Zermatt to Lucern via Interlaken which seems to be the most scenic?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2018 at 8:33:36 #881186

The most scenic is via Interlaken. To get from Zermatt to Interlaken, travel via Goppenstein and take the Lötschberg Regio Express.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2018 at 18:57:37 #881187

“If you have children then you need Junior card. Family card does not go with Saver Day Pass.”

Incorrect. If you already have a Half Fare Card, and therefore the Family Card to cover your children, then, of course, the children continue to travel free (even if you also get a Saver Day Pass.)

So much confusion about this.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2018 at 20:30:59 #881188

Good day!

If I get a saver day pass will I be able to travel from tasch to jungfraujoch or for lauterbrunnen to jungfraujoch?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2018 at 5:21:45 #881189

Hi TG107 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

No, it won’t cover the mountain transport – it will cover you as far as Wengen or Grindelwald from Täsch. Read more about the restrictions on mountain transport here.

• The thread ‘Saver Day Pass & Swiss Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.