Saver Day Pass to Schilthorn?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2018 at 9:00:25 #814853

Hi there,

I plan on buying the saver day pass for my journey in to our hotel in Murren from Zurich. As we will be buying the Jungfrau pass as it will suit our purposes better, I wondered if I could take advantage of the day pass to sneak in a journey to the Schilthorn (which is only covered by 25% with the JP) With the Schilthorn now being completely covered with the Swiss Travel pass, I wondered if it would work the same for the Saver day pass as well.

Thanks for any help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 March 2018 at 9:17:10 #879192

Hi Zimmerem,

You can get as far as Mürren with a SDP but only get 50% off for Schilthorn if you have a Swiss Half-fare card. Otherwise you pay full price Mürren to Schilthorn. See http://www.myswissalps.com/on edaytravelpass/validit y.

Nice try. 🤓

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2018 at 9:31:10 #879193

Boooo…lol. Ah well, thanks anyways for the reply 🙂

andrew
    Participant
    147 posts
    23 March 2018 at 16:14:43 #879194

Are you sure, rockoyster?

The synoptic map shows a dotted line to the Schilthorn but the list shows that Murren / Schilthorn is on the GA this year, which is also what I understood. In which case, surely the Saver Day Pass should also be valid.

Andrew

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    23 March 2018 at 20:27:50 #879195

Good question.

I was under the impression Schilthorn was free with Swiss Travel Pass but not with GA. I’ve been wrong before with this distinction.

But . . . the tariffs at schilthorn.ch/en/Infos /Timetable__and__Tarif f confirm it’s not free with GA.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2018 at 20:28:02 #879196

Hi Andrew,

There is a note at the bottom of the PDF map in reference to the dotted lines for the 1 day travel pass, Saver Day Pass and other similar passes:

** Without GA travelcard or Half-Fare Card the 1⁄1 price applies. So you need a Swiss Half Fare Card (or GA travel card) as well to get 50% off Schilthorn with the Saver Day Pass. The benefits are very good but not quite the same as the GA (or Swiss Travel Pass which is a different product)

• The thread ‘Saver Day Pass to Schilthorn?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.