Traveling with the Saver Day Pass and children

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 July 2019 at 9:14:57 #917817

Hi Harmonicpian,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I’m not sure if I understand your combination of passes.

If you have a valid Swiss Travel Pass Flex on your Glacier Express day, then you don’t need additional passes or tickets. The children will travel for free on the free Swiss Family Card.

If the above does not apply, then you’d better buy a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass Flex instead of 3 days. That’s cheaper than the Saver Day Pass. Please see here for prices:

In any case, you do need seat reservations: http://www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress/tickets.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 July 2019 at 14:54:58 #917818

Thanks for the reply and all the useful information. I’ve been use your website exclusively for planning my trip. So informative and organized.

I just need to make sure my children will have valid passes. So the Swiss Family Card only valid on the days I use my Swiss Travel Pass Flex? The date I plan to buy the saver pass is CHF 49, which is cheaper than buying with other methods. Even if I add the children’s one day travel pass, it is still cheaper than adding the fourth day on my Swiss Travel Pass Flex. Both the Family Travel Card and Children Day Pass state that the ticket is valid with a paid adult ticket. It did not specify or exclude Saver Day Pass. Hope this is clear. Thanks again for all the help.

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 July 2019 at 15:28:44 #917819

You’re welcome! Glad to hear our website has been useful!

Yes, the Swiss Family Card is only valid if combined with your valid Swiss Travel Pass Flex (so when using a travel day). The Saver Day Pass starts at CHF 52 if purchased well in advance. It starts at CHF 49 if you have a Swiss Half Fare Card. You are correct that an extra day on the Swiss Travel Pass Flex is a few francs more than the cheapest option of the Saver Day Pass. But with a Saver Day Pass you would indeed need Junior travelcards (CHF 32 each) or 1-day travelpasses (CHF 16 each) for each for your children, which makes the grand total more than simply using a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass Flex.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 July 2019 at 15:52:33 #917820

Thank you so much for ruling out my confusion. Will buy a 4-day Swiss Travel Flex Pass. I do plan to buy the Half Fare Card too.

Another question about the Swiss Travel Flex Pass. Does it come with free museum etc. bonus? If so, can we use those on our days without taking train?

Annika
    7124 posts
    15 July 2019 at 16:34:45 #917821

Hi Harmonicpian. Glad it’s all clear now! You can get your passes here:

Yes, the Swiss Travel Pass Flex offers free entrance to many museums, but only on your free travel days: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex/deta ils.

• The thread ‘Traveling with the Saver Day Pass and children’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.