Saver Day Pass with children under 12 years old

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2018 at 0:35:11 #814346

Hi, I am planning to get Saver Day Pass for 5 days.

I will be going there with my family, so there will be a child aged 8 years old joining the trip. May I know if I can just order Swiss Family Card for the child? Or do we need to buy Swiss Travel Pass to be eligible for Swiss Family Card?

I hope one can clarify this to me as I don’t actually prefer Swiss Travel Pass since it costs a lot more than Saver Day Pass. But if I have to, then I can consider buying.

Thank you in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    13 February 2018 at 1:06:48 #876217

Hello marsya and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

The Saver Day Pass and the Swiss Travel Pass are two different products.

You can’t buy either for 5 days. A Saver Day Pass is just for one day but you can of course buy 5 of them. They may work out cheaper than a Swiss Travel Pass providing you can get the at the lowest price. Please note that if your travel plans include any mountain rail or cable car trips then you won’t get any discount with an SDP unless you also have a Swiss Half Fare Card. Mt Rigi is an exception to that rule.

If you choose the SDP option then you would need Junior Travel Card (costs CHF30 for 1 year) instead of a Swiss Family Card.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2018 at 9:18:12 #876218

Hi Marsya, welcome!

You may want to read the information on this web page as well. You may find that the more activities you plan in Switzerland the more cost-effective the Swiss Travel Pass will be.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2018 at 21:09:35 #876219

Hi Chantal and rockoyster,

Thank you for replying my posts! I apologise for the late reply. I have actually made an itinerary for my trip to Switzerland from 14 of April until 19 of April 2018.

One thing that I am concern is, can I buy the junior travelcard although we are not Swiss?

p.s. Is it possible if I post my itinerary in the forum so that I can get some advice from the experts?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    18 February 2018 at 9:05:34 #876220

Yes – anyone can buy a Junior Travelcard as long as you have ID to show at the SBB Ticket Shop.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 February 2018 at 9:22:13 #876221

Hi Marsya,

Yes you can buy a Junior Travel Card – find details for it here.

And yes please do post your itinerary here and we would be happy to give you our feedback!

• The thread ‘Saver Day Pass with children under 12 years old’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.